Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Digital Scale

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by coolalright, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Sooooo im getting a digital scale, don't know where so i thought id ask my buddies on grass city :wave:

I have a couple of questions:

1. I know you can buy them at hobby stores, but are they pocket scales?
    and how much are they at places like that?

2. What is the cheapest place i can get one, internet or store, i dont care.
    i found on thats a fake mp3 player for about $10 on the internet.

3. I know this is stupid, but can pocket scales take a beating?
    Im odviously not going to treat it like shit, but im kinda clumsy and drop stuff alot. would it break easily?

thank you for your help :p

2. http://shop.ebay.com/items/__small-...3A1QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQ_sopZ15QQ_scZ1

3. i got mine at a chevron gas station. its the fake iphone scale. it works pretty good everything wieghs right. it was only 20 bucks so im not complaining.

4. A lot of gas stations have them...

5. get one at ur local gas station i'm gettin one for like $15 bucks. So their not too expensve.

6. gas station? I'da never thought..hmm...I'll have to try that.

7. Scales in gas stations? Holy shit they just started carrying J paper here in Utah, and not very reliably either. Fuck this state.

8. Many tobacco specialty stores also sell them.

9. yea hes right

10. haha dude that sucks. the gas stations run by arabs always have like mini headshop sections lol. the BP down the street has pipes, bubblers, stash cans, scales, grinders and all kinds of cool shit. the more habib the store the more they will have. sometimes you just have to ask to.

11. when you say they sell all this. is it behind the counter? like do you ahve to ask to see it or are they just sitting there?

12. Well try and find out how accurate it its, aiming to be accurate to 0.1 grams. Anything more accurate, like 0.01 grams is just better for you.

I remember my first scale...I was reaaal high and at a Bed, Bath, and Beyond store with some friends. So, seriously that was one of the most amazing stores I've ever been in, literally...high-tech innovative products as far as the eye can see. Seriously blew my mind. Anyway I asked where the scales where, and didn't bother to look at the accuracy, and just bought it.

When we where home and all eager to use it we put some herb on it and tested it out, we where trying to configure it because it was behaving weird, like we put on almost whole quarter and it still showed 1 gram, and went crazy when we touched the surface.

And after all that, when I looked REAL close on the box I couldn't help but notice there was a bowl of fruit on it, and...that's when I realized I bought a food scale, totally useless for weed, for $75.

So basically, long story short; check accuracy. And make damn sure it's doesn't have a bowl of fruit on it.

13. Ebay or gas stations gonna be your best bet for a decent cheap scale and its probably not a good idea to drop your scale too often because the calibration on the scale will probably be thrown off.