Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Digital Drugs?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Veggietales, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Music can improve your mood or further degrade it...Take for instance if you are pissed off and throw on some Disturbed, I can guarantee you are not going to get happier.

You people are being sold a placebo...Interestingly enough, in musical form.:cool:

2. [quote name='"OscarZetaAcosta"']Music can improve your mood or further degrade it...Take for instance if you are pissed off and throw on some Disturbed, I can guarantee you are not going to get happier.

You people are being sold a placebo...Interestingly enough, in musical form.:cool:[/quote]

I really don't think it's a placebo. I say that because it's actually got a science to back it up. It changes the frequency of your brain. That alone has to do something. Now as for it getting you straight up high and throwing you into a psychedelic trip, no. I believe it works in theory, but not in practice. You can still change the frequency in your brain to calm you or make you hyper.

3. Point me to this "Science" you speak of, please.:cool:

4. Its not 'music' its a set of tones that stimulate your brain and depending what set of tones you listen to, it has different effects

5. [quote name='"OscarZetaAcosta"']

Point me to this "Science" you speak of, please.:cool:[/quote]

web-us.com/thescience.htm

Sorry, I'm on my phone, so that's the best I can come up with at the moment.

BTW it's binaural beats, sorry I spelled it wrong.

6. I'm sure he's well-aware of what he was linking.
    When you use iDoser you are instructed to cover your eyes with a towel or stare at the ceiling in a dark room, creating a lack of visual stimuli, just like you said.:)

7. It honestly sounds like hype, man has been listening to different variations of music at different hertz for decades...We've chopped, screwed, and mixed everything. If music had any decent credibility for "healing" people I am pretty sure we would have picked up on it earlier.

At least we moved on from marijuana changing you on a physiological level.:cool:

8. [quote name='"OscarZetaAcosta"']

It honestly sounds like hype, man has been listening to different variations of music at different hertz for decades...We've chopped, screwed, and mixed everything. If music had any decent credibility for "healing" people I am pretty sure we would have picked up on it earlier.

At least we moved on from marijuana changing you on a physiological level.:cool:[/quote]

Maybe. I do believe it is a hype ay the moment, for sure but I also believe if it got some hard attention and science to back it, it could possibly have some awesome practical applications. Being used as a drug is getting it no where in the scientific field.

9. Here is a free program it works but you get more features if you register. It has a few brain wave entrainment programs you can try. This is similar to meditation it may not work for everybody and you have to condition your brain to get the correct response.

Brain wave monitors are quite expensive so who knows what the effect really is.

BrainWave Generator

10. FINALLY! One of these binaural beat sites that isn't profit oriented.
    Now I can give it a go without the possibility of financial embarrassment.

11. [quote name='"hellobob09"']
    FINALLY! One of these binaural beat sites that isn't profit oriented.
    Now I can give it a go without the possibility of financial embarrassment.[/quote]

There is a series that is professional grade, but non profit. I'd give you a link or name, but I'm on my phone and forgot what it's called. Look up "Hemi-Sync free" You might come up with something.

12. [quote name='"karunado"']Its not 'music' its a set of tones that stimulate your brain and depending what set of tones you listen to, it has different effects[/quote]

Haha, honestly thats music.

This works though, but not to the crazy extent some people make you believe. But you need some nice headphones and a dark room.

13. It also has to do with a white noise in the background. These songs are all very similar to a white noise effect.

Also, you are supposed to do it while laying down in a dark room.

14. I have tried it just to see if it worked. It did not do shit.

15. [quote name='"miztokealot"']I have tried it just to see if it worked. It did not do shit.[/quote]

The only time they ever did anything for me is when I was already in a meditative state. If I was just listening to it with my eyes closed though, I wouldn't get anything.

16. #36 Mr. Mojorising, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2011
  17. i downlaoded it a while back and tried it on my ipod(it was jailbroken so i didnt have to pay) all it is is you close yours eyes and listen to one of them and you see shit but you have to have your eyes closed(if you smoke some weed before trying this you will be tripping your balls off but the actual real songs are all over 20 minutes long

18. Some weird shit

19. I haved bought the acid trip for Idoser....It doesn't make me see anything...It just makes everything sound all pixalated for maybe 2 mins or less. nothing exciting...