Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Different weed, different highs?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by gwardmonger316, Aug 22, 2011.

1. After a short search, I didn't find much answering my question.

Are the balance of thc and cbd(?) the only thing that affect your high? I've read things like, strain x is really trippy, strain y will make you think about this, and strain z will make you fall over, or whatever.

But are the highs really all that different? I've had a few different types of weed, but the only things I really noticed different were my physical activity or inactivity, and how gone I felt based on how much I smoked. I usually had a lot of the same trippy internal thoughts when I started smoking. Kinda repetitive.

Is there stuff that'll have me tasting rainbows, and other stuff that will make me a master chef or some shit?

Dumb question, I guess. Just wondering, because in the four years I've been smoking, there hasn't been much variety in my highs.

2. the trichomes will also effect the high, with different ratio's of clear/cloudy/amber. I have forgotten how different ratio's affect the high, but im sure somebody else will tell you/me soon enough :) also, you cant really just say "cbd", i think there are 16 different cannabinoids we have isolated so far, so all of those ratio's aswell, i know about cbn and cbg, but there are loads more aswell

3. No weed is gonna magically turn you into a master chef

4. #4 gwardmonger316, Aug 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Ah, that's cool to know. I think cbg was the one I was thinking of, and have read before. I knew there were a ton of chemicals in there, but I wasn't aware of 16+ different cbds, that's pretty sweet.

Haha! Just pulled an example out of my ass. But, glad someone let me know before I challenged an iron chef to a culinary duel.

5. Genetics too, it's indica vs sativa

6. #6 gwardmonger316, Aug 22, 2011
    But indica and sativa are just classified as such because of the ratio between thc and cbds, right? So it's pretty much just on a sliding scale?

7. idk man for me every high basically is the same also. Maybe its because you are always buying a hybrid strain? I think thats probably what it is because every once in a while I'll get some bud and I can definitely tell that it gives me way more of a head high than usual. So it all depends on what you buy. But, unless you are a mmj paitent, you pretty much never know what you are buying lol

8. #10 gwardmonger316, Aug 22, 2011
    Perfect, man, that's pretty much exactly what I was looking for.

Ain't that the truth? Would be easier if it all came with labels, but it's still fun when you get a surprise without knowing it's coming. I got some really frosty, orange furry stuff recently that was one of those. But, based on what it looked like, and the price, not actually much of a surprise when it was good. Lol

9. every type of weed gives you a different high whether its a high where you want to get up and run around to the chill out and take a nap high. From my few years of experience i've learned that it is the environment that you are in that has the biggest impact. If your at a concert and you smoke a J you will be more high them if you where at alone and smoked a few J's.

10. #12 gwardmonger316, Aug 22, 2011
    Maybe I'm just not getting enough variety in my supply. I agree that the environment matters. But, I actually get a lot more high by myself at home, than running around being active. I feel like moving around a lot distracts me from my high, and I miss all the good feelings and thoughts. I have had some great active highs though, and had a lot of fun being high at a concert once, even though it wasn't that intense.

But, now that I'm thinking about it, I haven't been to a show in a long time. I'd like to get high and go to another sometime soon. Thanks for the idea!

edit: I said "high" five times in that post. I need a different word lol

11. im pretty sure there are way more than 16, it's just we've isolated 16. Plus THC is just another cannabinoid, and i think it was isolated in the 70's dont quote me on that though :)

12. According to Wikipedia, we have isolated over 80 cannabinoids. Different ratios of them are probably what cause multiple types of highs.

13. well, i stand corrected, i said dont quote me !