Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Different weed, different highs?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Steezus Christ, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Heres kind of a noob question, but how does differnet kind of strains give you different kind of highs? Like kush makes you lazy and couchlock, satavia is a crazy head high.

Doesn't all weed have THC, and isn't all THC the same :p

Thanks

2. You are correct in your statement that all weed (well mostly all weed, dunno about that schwag) contains THC and obviously THC is the same molecule anywhere; however, THC is just one of many active ingredients found in marijuana. Off the top of my head the only other one i can think of is CBD (found in many indicas, gives a lethargic stone), and it is the varying concentrations of different active ingredients in different strains that gives different highs.

3. different strains, indica and sativia(spelling lol)

but mostly..schwag=body high

nug=head high

mostly in my area some times you get a different type and get a different high.

4. depends on indica/sativa %s, yeah highs can be different.

sativa will be a body high, indica is your head high.

5. yes.
    from wikipedia

6. Sativa = Head High
    Indica = Body High

7. This is correct.

8. yeah i know that, but how does it do that? isn't thc still in both of them?? im confused:confused:

9. Right, but as we were saying, THC isn't the only thing in weed that affects you. The wide array of cannabinoids in different strains gives them their different properties.