Different ways to start seedlings!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TNhomegrown, May 3, 2018.

1. Alright guys... I know most of you have seen a lot of my threads... well I’m throwing everything out that I’ve messed up and starting fresh and a few newer ways. I want to know how everyone else starts seeds and there ways of getting a young healthy plant. So far I’ve made nothing but mistakes; so I want to take my newly refreshed knowledge and start over and do it the correct way!! I have not had luck with seedlings in plain soil, they just wilt over and die off. Let’s hear and see yalls ideas!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Start the seeds in a damp folded paper towel put it on a plate and cover it with a dark bowl. Then put it on a warm place like i put mine on my cable reciever so it sweats under the bowl they have tap roots in 2 days.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. My favorite way is to use pete pellets.

[​IMG]
    Its simple after adding water just dig a small hole and stick the seed inside it and bury and it let grow.

4. And you can transplant this after a few weeks into your actual soil?

5. #5 Deleted member 985876, May 3, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2018
    The roots grow right through the pellet. You simply dig a little hole and place pellet that hole dug up in your desired soil and it's that simple it's transferred. It doesn't take weeks either with pete pellets you want to transfter it as soon as you see a sprout. Here's my new sprout. 20180502_203212.jpg
    As we can see a cup is filled with soil(with holes poked at the buttom for drainage) and the pete pellet is just chillin there. Now I just let it grow for a few weeks like this and I'll transfer it into a 1 gallon smart pot.

6. Gotcha! I may try this!! This is what I had and I had all kinds of problems. So ima just let it do its thing and if she keeps alive then cool, if not I’ll have new ones soon.. IMG_2252.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  7. I tried pellets after no success with the paper towel method. Pellets work great because you only have to place a seed in it and it takes off without having to ever touch a germinated seed and the chance of accidentally touching taproots is gone. Plus they sprout fast in these things this one is only 3 days old that I have right now.

8. Hot bag paper towel or coffee filter dampened and put in a plastic bag. Than put into cupboard in dark for 48 hours. I ve only had 2 beans not pop out of 100

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I have a five gallon bucket with a heating mat in it that I use I plant the seeds directly in the soil water then place in the bucket with the lid on it. Green after 24 hrs and have never had a problem with it

• Like Like x 1
  10. 459c097f-2a2e-4f90-b6e3-460d3d0c66a4_1_c9f9ac6a9b55b9a1cfb300bd3dbc2eb2.jpg rooter.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Used to do the damp paper towel thing but now I just do the shot glass method for 24 hours and pop it in coco coir and boom it’s sprouted within a day.

• Like Like x 2
  12. I have a small tray that I place them in, or you can put them directly in your medium. I saturate them with 1/4 strength bloom nutes pH'd to 6.0 and squeeze out excess. Place the seed in the hole, tear off a piece of RR and place loosely in the hole, put in a drawer. You can safely check on them by just removing the piece in the hole - take a peek and replace. A few drops of water every couple days to keep moist is all you need.
    IMG_1372.JPG IMG_1373.JPG IMG_1374.JPG IMG_1375.JPG
    IMG_1371.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  13. No nutes till the third week of life at least the second!!!! I use only ph water for my first couple of weeks might add a booster like rapid start for root production but only at 1/4 strength.

14. i love the coffee filter style, tap root hardly has anything to get tangled in.

15. I guess that depends on whether you use soil or a soilless medium. I use coco and feed from day one. The abundance of phosphorous in the bloom solution promotes fast root growth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. The soil I have mixed up is high in nitrogen. I just cut it more with peat moss.. a lot more of peat moss. When I cut it with more peat moss I’m going to need more perlite. But anywho... Would I need anything to mix with water? If so what’s the best liquid nutes to get?
    Soil consist of
    •EWC
    •Blood and bone meal
    •Bat guano
    •Alfalfa meal

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Damn stumped me I’m a soilless grower lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. Haha yeah... I gotta find a new recipe so I won’t have to do nothing to it for veg or flower stages. I’m new to this stuff but I can always use some helpful tips. Little nerve racking.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1