Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Different types of weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Carrieblackburner, Jan 26, 2016.

1. I feel extremely dumb to ask this but like what is the difference between regular just green marijuana and purple haze or whatever. Like Indica and Sativa how do I know which is which..I usually smoke whatever my friends have and I have no flipping clue what any of it is other then it's packed in a bowl and I light it.
    Sorry it is a dumb question but I've been wondering for a while lol

2. www.Google.com

3. Post what you learn from Google, and we'll filter all the myths and bullshit

4. Different strains, different effects.

Indica or Sativa are the 2.

If you want to learn about a strain, I recommend Leafly.

5. #5 Grinder12000, Jan 27, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2016
    Go to Leafly.com Cannabis 101 lost a great info there

I have smoked for 45+ years and have no clue what I have been purchasing - Indica I assume but what? who knows!

6. I recommend leafly as well, you can download the app

general feel guidelines for strain identification: OG and kush tend to be indica fat buds that look like they grew in a box. You will feel heavy like the squished bushy plant.

sativa like haze and sour give you long slender buds with more bright variety of colors and flavors. You will feel happy, euphoric and wanna be outside and play

7. Indica = more body high, more of the couch lock effect where you feel heavy (depends on the strain)
    Sativa= more head high, shorter duration
    Hybrids = give a combination of both to a lesser extent

For individual differences in strains you'll want to consult a website like leafly, some are more potent in that they have more THC or CBD. A Haze typically refers to a sativa dominant strain, usually a very uplifting feeling.