Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Different Strains

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by TokingCherry, Aug 21, 2012.

1. My friend recently had Ace of Spades. Is this a good strain?
    What are some high and low quality strains?
    Does the amount of THC establish the quality?

I'd appreciate any info you have!
    peace :smoke:

2. Yes, the higher THC content, the better the zig is gonna be. Dude, as far as strains go, people get WAAAAY too into the names. You just have to be able to spot good bud, and find out who grows it the best. It's all about the grow..I could have purple kush from two guys, and obviously one could be much better. I like a good Indica though, so I look for those a little more.

3. coraygc - I could see how the names could get overdone and purposeless. so do you just learn what is good by experience basically? or do you personally have a method to know what bud is good, like by stickiness or smell?

4. Well...don't get me wrong.. a lot of times the name can indicate what type of buzz you will get...like for instance..a Haze usually gives you an alert high, while a kush will generally give you a more whole body buzz...but I think people make up too many names, and too many sub-names and hybrid strain names, that it just gets too hard to follow them all. Sure we all knew the original 150 pokemon....but yah...sticky is always good...really strong or fruity smell is usually pretty good. You'll just have to get a feel for it

5. Alright. sounds good to me. I just didnt know if my friend had bragging rights with the ace of spades or whether it was just pretty average. Either way, still lightin up. What you said has been pretty helpful though, so thanks.

6. yah for sure. I've always heard people bragging about the ultimate strain they smoked..so who's really right, yah know? As long as you're lighting up good bud