Different Strains Same Tent.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by NonDucorDuco, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Hey blades! I have several grows before however this will be the one grow that I will document at least every week.

I have a very odd schedule so bear in mind with me (I work overnights.)

The setup:

(2) 4'X2'X5' Grow tents
    (1) 400W HPS Lamp
    (2) 150W HPS Lamps
    (2) 4 inch inline fans (no ducting)

One tent is on a timer of 14 hours of light this is the tent with the 150W HPS Lamps for veg.

One tent is on a timer of 10 hours of light with the 400W HPS Lamp for flower.

I will leave the tent unzipped for a few inches on the bottom for some airflow as I will have an oscillating fan in the grow room itself. I will also have the inline fans running when the lights are on.

I like to go against the odds, I've used miracle-gro potting soil and have successful numerous harvests but this grow I will be using top soil with cow manure, I'm going to experiment and show how well I can make a grow with a minimal budget!

The fertilizer and nutrients will be:

Veg:
    Miracle Grow Organic Choice 8-0-0
    Superthrive
    CalMag

Flower:
    Miracle Grow Bloom Booster (first week)
    Advanced Nutrients Bud Candy (second third and fourth week)
    Advanced Nutrients Big Bid (fourth fifth sixth seventh and eighth week)
    CalMag (as needed)

The strains I will be growing:

Sleestack X Skunk (Reg)
    Special Kush (Fem)
    Critical (Fem)
    Homegrown Purple (Reg)

As for this grow I will be pollinating as well as isolating one female for the biggest yield I can get.

My previous grows have consisted of: Kush, Californian Skunk Haze, Bluematic, Auto Purple, OG Kush, Melon Gum, Big Bud, Romulan and Sour D.

As far as any negativity or bashing I will not tolerate it in my journal. This is my start to finish journal and I will gladly accept any positive feedback as well as questions on previous grows.

Pictures will try to be updated every week as well (bear in mind that I will be using my phone and a desktop computer for the updates.)

Day 1:
    Germination: Using a heat pad and a 20W Florescent light I will germinate the 6 seeds (hoping for 100% germ rate.) This will stay on for the first week or 2 until my pots have arrived (I am using 3 gallon fabric pots for root pruning.) Then I will transplant into the pots and transfer to the first tent.

2. So today one out of the two of my Sleestack X Skunk seed has sprouted along with the one Homegrown Purple seed I planted! So far 2/6 but I am leaving them up to ten days to see if I can get all to germ for 100% success rate.