different spectrums?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by designatedtoker, Apr 27, 2006.

1. ok, so i have a clf that gives off the blueish spectrum, and another that give off a reddish spectrum, i will using these at the same time on the plant increase performance at all? or would it be the same as 2 of 1 spectrum? i know i should have searched for it because i have seen the question posted before, but i gotta go to work, so just a quick answer is needed. thanks everyone and i should have pics of my baby up soon! 3 weeks in.

2. bump. no help yet? have i stumped gc? no, i didnt, someone help me out.

3. I really doubt you'll notice a difference (compared to use two of the same color), just because they're CFL. If you were using a lot of light, like HID, then using a metal halid (which is more blue) would make a bit of a difference during veg (and HPS, which is red, during flower), but since CFL's don't put out enough light to begin with, the color isn't going to matter much.

4. It all depends on what kind they are, how big, and what the wattage, luminocity, and CRI are on them.