Different lights together?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by weedislife, Feb 25, 2009.

1. How about using the sun, MH, HPS, CFLs, and grow LEDs all correctly and at the same time. Would that be overkill? or just make for a magnificent plant. the sun through greenhouse of course so i could set everything else up around the plant. Interesting idea, why not. Expensive yes, but maybe worth the results

2. #2 abnormldood, Feb 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2009
    A combination of the sun and lower growth from LEDs and/or CFLs might be a good idea for extra growth, but I think adding intense HID lights would cause the plant to sweat too much in addition to the sun. I'm not an expert on greenhouse growing, but I suspect it would be too intense with all of that heat. Maybe a good idea for a winter greenhouse grow?

3. cool. Yea i wanna find a good combo that i like but not overdo it. Should have my greenhouse up soon :). I love the sun (obviously), just hate cloudy days and not being able to control everything outside.

4. the more the light the better. just have to keep the heat under control.
    also the more the uvb rays you add the more potent your weed will be.
    good luck..........

5. im not sure, but I think the sun being ever more powerful than whatever superficial light source you add in, will just drown out the additional lights

as in, wave interference. the suns rays would override the rest, nullifying it. as I said, im not 100%...maybe someone else could confirm?

6. Amoril's probably right if you're growing ina greenhouse but overall this sounds like an idea conceived after lighting up one time too many!