Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Different kinds of highs?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by megamondays, Sep 5, 2011.

1. So i hear people say like... "i like highs from bongs" or "i likle highs from pipes" but like... are they actually differrent? i feel the same feeling from this makeshift bong thing i made today and it feels just as good. and the same you know? but are they really different? cause i havent noticed.:D:smoke:

2. I have heard a blunt high can be drastically different, probably due to the tobacco leaf providing a tobacco buzz to combine with the ganja. Bongs could be different than pipes due to the massive highs possible, not to say pipes don't get you as high, just slower maybe.

3. #3 S0UR, Sep 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Regardless of what you're smoking out of the fact is you're inhaling the smoke all the same. The high from a bong vs. the high from a joint/whatever is bongs are designed to deliver the most amount of smoke into your lungs as possible. When you smoke more you get more high.

4. The different strands of weed will give you different highs but personally I dont think it matters how you smoke it. You shouldn't get different highs from a bowl compared to a bong. But it could be different for every one

5. but like, what happens when you burn the weed thats would effect you differentlly? like isnt it just tthe same thc and tghe same smoke? just filtered differently?

6. If your combusting the bud it should be the same, only thing affecting it would be how high you get.
    But if you are comparing a vape to a pipe/bong it'll be different since you aren't actually burning the weed and different chemicals are released.

And there's sativa vs indica..

A lot can effect your high.

7. Its the strain and your hit size that really determines your high. Assuming you are smoking the same nug from the same strain one from a bong blunt and pipe. They all would have simular effects (high) but in slightly different ways.

Pipes are nice, but seem to take a while ( the smoke is just hot and direct)

Blunts i dont think i inhale right, but for the most time the high is more of a chill laid back high.

Bongs give me the most smoke at one time. I feel the hits stronger and take less time to really kick in..

But this is just me.

No comparing strains is a whole different story.

8. Theres no difference just people being stupid.

9. what about the highs from hash ??

10. Bongs give you that huge head rush and you feel like you've been blown away.

Joints/blunts seem to take a little bit until it hits you.

11. dude you guys are awesome. haha. i wanna get a big fat blunt and try it haha

12. Well I found out the other day that blunts fuck me up to the point of almost blacking out and makes me want to puke up my stomach, but that's most likely because of the tobacco. Now, if you would excuse me I'm going to go smoke a bowl and get just as high as if I smoked a joint.

13. amen, ive been doing that all day with mah bros. sunday well spent:smoke:
    and yeah i think tobacco lowers your blood pressure or something

14. there are 2 types of weed, indica and sativa. indica is a body high, while sativa is a head high. smoking the same weed out of a bong or a bowl will produce the same effects regardless. a blunt might be different, i know it takes a bit for a blunt to hit me for some reason its weird, so i know blunts could affect ur high i think, but idk

15. tell me more about these kinds. how do they feel different? cause all the stuff ive done is really all like spacing out and like focus and stuff. Or are they only marginally different?

16. It all feels the same.

17. it's not true that you get the same high each time you smoke. it usually depends which kind of strains. because each strain has varied levels of THC and CBD and many other cannabonoids. more THC more of the Head High. more CBD the more of the body high.

18. #18 CSterbz, Sep 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2011
    They are all capable of distributing different levels of THC. I remember seeing something on manswers saying you get the highest concentration by vaporizers(this much is known) bongs being second, and joints/blunts coming in last I believe

19. Different pieces can effect your high for sure.

How many times and how well its filtered certainly effects your high. Certain things are filtered out and the high absolutely changes.

Also, method of smoking can effect it too. A big rip from a bong will feel different than several hits from a pipe. Even if its the same amount of smoke, its being delivered to your brain in different methods. All at once versus gradually.

20. #20 TheBlackCops, Sep 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    No they can't..
    The only difference would be how much higher you'd be getting, you're getting the same chemicals and whether it's from a bong rip or a couple hits from a pipe. The only reason you get a head rush from a bong is lack of oxygen. You're still burning the weed and the same chemicals are released.