Different Dimensions

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Darkeligos, May 15, 2011.

1. Could it be possible that we are living in more dimensions than we are able to perceive? Maybe all?

With this nice weather I've been out and about more lately and something piqued my interest: my shadow. For some reason my mind linked it as a symbol of us existing in the 2nd dimension. We are living in the 3rd dimension and are constantly experiencing the theoretical 4th dimension of time...perhaps our 2nd dimension is our shadow. It is an exact copy outline of ourselves, yet its boundaries limit it from being a "being".

What'ya think?

2. Interesting concept, but the shadow has no thought process outside of your own.. So I'm going to say no. Just my belief though. What do I know?

3. Our shadow only really exists because the sun which is in the 3rd dimension and its a reflection of us from the 3rd dimension as well.

I like the idea though. I always wondered the same thing actually.

Just because we cant see it doesn't mean its not there

4. i think i saw you today!? you was the guy staring at the floor (or 'your shadow' as you put it) for like 5 minutes!

5. ^^ LOOOOOL that made my day xD

6. I'm not sure I can fully agree with that theory, but I definitely think some qualities of it can very well be realistic. Of course I believe there are multiple dimensions. Humans know nothing of time, time literally cannot be even categorized as anything. Of course one can measure time in which subjects age.. But time, in my opinion, is beyond that concept. I am a firm believer that anything is possible on this planet, well maybe not all.. Anyways, with that being said, everything we firmly "know" is a theory. Nothing is factual or correct, because we do not know. We do not have the capability of understanding.. That is why we are constantly driven to want to know more, and wonder.

7. our shadow appears to us to be 2 dimensional, but its actually occupying a 3 dimensional space, as you could place an object between you and your shadow, and it too is shaded

it should be noted, that just because something is 2 dimensional, does not mean that it exists within a different plane of reality. dimensions arent the same thing as dimensional :smoke: