Difference in percs

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by GGeorgeOfficial, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Hey guys what's up, so my last post didn't get me much help so I'm hoping I fare better with this one... As I'm looking through pieces for the right one how do I know one percs traits as opposed to another's without having smoked out of Em? The shower head percs look sick while the tree arm percs just seem unoriginal... I've seen twisted percs that look cool but don't seem to do much else, and there are many more is there some sort of review you can present me? :p

2. tree percs are your more average percs. They hit good and are a good first perc to start out with. They are difficult to clean though and you must make sure they dont causectoo much drag.I wouldnt recommend the twisted perc cause they do not filter or smooth the smoke as well. I would go with the mushroom perc or shower head. They both look sick and hit great but i would rather prefer the showerhead . But even the tree percs are a good choice though, but will get extremely dirty.:bongin:

3. tree percs are good if you get quality, showerheads are real dope(they'd be the next step up) then theres the real nice shit like grids and shit, check out the mobius matrix perc, shits ill.

4. shower head are the best in my opinion. they are fairly easy to clean (compared to inline percs and tree percs) and they have good filtration. i had a bong with 4 tree percs and cleaning it became a lost cause so i would also not get something with multiple percs

5. I guess I could say I really want to know like why a shower head is better as opposed to what is better but thanks your comments still helped this noob!

6. ^i feel like mine sort of says why its better. its my opinion of why its better though. i dont believe there is any factual information on which perc is better. i think this is one of those things that is 100% preference

7. Hmm okay yeah that's why I said it helped and that helped too... I guess I just over thought it and figured like the way air flows through a shower head might be more drag but better taste because blah blah blah compared to a UFO perc that cools it down due to the airflow blah blah while the smoke seems to get more stake blah blah.
    If you get my rambling I just thought there might be something scientific but I feel your answer is correct

8. What we're mainly judging here is the amount of drag/filtration involved.

Tree percs can be good, but I think it depends largely on the style and the amount. If you get a tree perc bong with only 3-4 trees with closed ends, you're probably going to have a fair amount of drag on the piece.

On the other hand if you get an 8-arm open-ended tree perc, you're probably going to get a very smooth hit.

Showerhead percs are good because they involve a lot of filtration with minimal drag.

Dome percs are not so good, because they have less filtration with (usually) a lot of drag.

The decorative kind of percs you see? Skull-shaped percs and spiral-percs and the like, those are (for the most part) high on drag and generally pretty low-quality.

I think you should look for something with a showerhead perc or maybe a 6+ arm tree perc. I think open-ends are much less draggy and are definitely preferable.

It's definitely an issue where you should focus more on function than appearance.

9. Dude that's a massive help thanks so much it really helps with what to look for. I feel like just by trying to picture the airflow and functionality I can get a decent idea but conformation like this really helps. I plan on getting maybe a couple more bongs in the long run but I still want to find one I'll love for the ages and not just find one that looks coolest.

10. No problem man, feel free to ask more question if you have any.

A lot of people tend to go for the decorative style percs like the skull percs or spiral percs, when in fact they could easily get something that hits much better (though it may not look quite as cool to them).

I have an inline and an 8-arm (open-ended) bubbler and they both hit like a dream. But I've also had a couple of dome-perc bongs and the drag was just ridiculous.