Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

difference between warm and cold water in bongs?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SaladFingers, Oct 8, 2008.

1. I was smoking with one of my buddies one night and he told his brother to go fill the bong up with warm water. I was like "why warm? whats the difference?" because I usually smoke my zong with cold water in it. He told me.. I think.. but I dont really remember it :smoking:

learn me.

2. idk man i usually use cool water...if it was meant to be warm why do bongs have ice pinchers?

3. The warmth will open up your lungs a little bit. Thats why you breathe really well in a steam room.

4. cold water will cool the smoke and warm water will either keep it at room temp or above which will be harsh on the lungs

5. Thats odd, the whole point of the bong is to cool down the smoke. (and filter)

6. Warm water hits are more pleasant, in my experience.

7. Interesting. In what way?

8. It seems easier on the lungs despite it not being as cool as it would otherwise be. I don't know the reasoning behind it, to be honest. Maybe others can agree.

9. it might just be a placebo effect but idk. i've never tried it

10. If anything it would be a reverse placebo effect, since common sense suggests cold water=cooler hits=better hits.

11. i agree... it seems to me that if you were to have a second bong.... with hot water in it and just inhale through it.... without lighting or anything..... then take a cool bong hit it would work really well...

12. warm water is better because your body is supposed to breathe in warm air. when was the last time you were outside in freeing cold weather and it felt good to breathe? all the people who say ice and stuff cools it down making it easier on the lungs are wrong. i remember something years back in health class about how some part of your throat is supposed to warm the air up and ad moisture or somthing.
    however i use both warm and cold ater.

13. Yeah but the smoke is hot, so cool water would just bring it down to normal temp, not icy cold.

14. i bet theres a marketing ploy in all of this.....think about it

A bong that can tell the outside temp, and bong water temp, and using the data tell you whether the bong is too cold water or too hot, adjusting to bring the inhaling smoke/air in your lungs exactly as same as room temperatur..

i know its a far out idea, but just imagine

15. i haven't tried a hit with warm water but i enjoy ice in my bong more than just cold water..

16. I agree with this

17. Gotta say I threw some hot tea in my bong and it was just splendid. The heat from the tea overpowered the smoke, making even large hits incredibly painless. I highly recommend at least trying it.

18. You should probably get the patent office on the phone.:smoke:

19. Ya man i agree, for some reason warm water feels better. Its like a refreshing steamy hit, and i believe i can take bigger rips too when my bongs filled with hot water instead of cold.

P.S. My fave is icy cold in the bottom and steaming hot water in the percs... its amazing

20. Right here's my logic.

Okay so the lungs weren't MEANT to breath cold air. However, the smoke gets cooled right down in cold water, so while it might be a tad harsher, the smoke does not burn your THROAT on the way down at all.

Cold water = Easy on the throat, harsher on the lungs (yknow, only slightly?)
    Warm = Slightly hotter smoke, smoother in your lungs.

Makes sense to me.