Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Difference between sativa and indica?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by GevorgG, Jul 1, 2010.

1. So, I know sativa has longer thinner leaves, and indica has shorter fatter leaves. Buts what's the difference between the highs, or other main differences? Thanks.

P.S. Where I live, the term "kush" is associated with a strong mind high, or psychoactive high, whereas "chronic" is used to describe a weaker body high. From what I remember, the difference between sativa and indica are similar to kush and chronic.

2. In your case, "kush" would be a sativa, and "chronic" would be an indica.

3. Thanks, that's kind of what I was thinking, but wasn't sure.

4. I heard jittery mind high is sativa, and couchlock chill body high is indica.

5. Indica = couchlock, narcotic, heavy stoned.

Sativa = heady, social, go out and do shit during the day high.

Most strains are hybrids, as in a cross of some indica and some sativa.

Sativas take longer to flower generally.

Indicas stay much shorter and compact.

I think you're right about the leaves.

Kush:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kush_(cannabis)

6. Usually kush is indica because it tends be purple and thats indica.

7. UGH I CANT BELIEVE THIS WAS JUST SAID, Kush refers to a strain of cannabis, an indica, which are NOT usually purple, there are naturally purple strains, but not many, purple is causes by fucking with the temperature of the plant, or denying it potassium in certain stages of growth, and has NO effect on the quality of the bud... Kush is an indica, because its a god damn INDICA!!!!!!!! use the search button there are 100000's of these threads

8. But kush is known to be a dominant indica strain so that's weird..

9. In my experience they are.

10. absolutely absurd. Kush is an indica because it comes from the Hindu Kush region in the Middle East, and plants from that area tend to be indicas. Most kush's are NOT purple, and being purple has nothing to do with potency. Do one google search before you start spreading misinformation. Posts like this are why people think dro is a strain, and any kush is top shelf. its all in the growing, not particularly the strain.

11. and i doubt your experience is 100% of the kush plants in the world.... Most kush you find....isnt purple..unless made to be that way when grown.

12. quoted for absolute truth. any novice grower can manipulate temps to turn many plants purple, than label it as purple haze or purple kush for people that will pay double for "purple" name strains.

13. Use the search function.

14. ^^^ yea, in my pick up thread there should be quite a few non purple kush's haha most recent being cataract kush.... mmmmm, but yea if someone grew legit purp kush (haze) it woudl naturally have purple fern leaves and some triches would have a purple top on them....

15. Can gladly say i never paid 40 bucks a gram.

16. sativa = straight to tha dome.

indica = body high.

btw the color of the herb depends on the temperature

17. ^^^ god good who would lol unless it was.... superb hash oil

18. I wasnt aware of the purple heads on the trichs on legit purple strains, that would be a fun one to grow, havent gotten around to a purple strain yet, it would be fun just for the novelty of it though. some of BOG's pheno's have pink trich heads, and red, yellow and purple fan leaves. that would be sick also.

19. Kush is typically an indica dominant strain although color has nothing to do with any of this.

Marijuana Strain Library - Master Kush Marijuana Strain
    Marijuana Strain Library - OG Kush Marijuana Strain
    Hindu Kush : Cannabis Seeds (Marijuana Seeds) Supplier - Top quality Dutch Seeds
    Marijuana Strain Library - Burmese Kush Marijuana Strain

20. if you quoted me to try and prove me wrong, you just said exactly what i said. Yes kush's tend to be indicas. Kush's tend to be indicas because that region of the world typically grows indicas. if you quoted me to help prove your point, my bad.