Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Difference between an ice bong and regular?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by cjhpaloalto, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Hey whats up thinking of purchasing either off here, or going to a local head shop and getting either a bubbler, bong or ice bong. I want something that you can take pretty large hits out of without killing your throat. Also can you just put ice in a regular bong? Thnx

2. you can but u have to be careful putting ice in the bong cause if u drop the ice it could end up hitting the downstem and breaking it

3. well, with an icebong, the ice is separate from the water, so the smoke is being cooled twice. so i would imagine it would be smoother than if you just put the ice in the water, but i could be wrong.

4. alright, you think a bubbler cools the smoke as much as bongs? ive hit a bubbler only like five or six times, but it was nice. but as good as bongs?

5. Just got my GF this bong, it has rivets in the glass where the ice sits so it never touches the down stem. GF swears by this bong, makes for a very cool and smooth rip.

Attached Files:

6. Definitely not. With an ice catcher you can take the biggest rip of your life and your throat won't burn at all. Bubblers are nice but bongs, especially ice bongs, cool the smoke much more

7. alright. well i might go to herb imports this friday and look around, but i thot about ordering an ice bong off this site, i forget the exact model, but its around 35 bucks, and it has a carb really close to where the water is, thats the only bad thing about it, can you all take a look at it and see if it looks like a good one? its an ice bong btw, should be pretty easy to find in ther online store

heres the link to it anyway, should i get it?

http://www.grasscity.com/glass-icebong.html?p=2

8. ice catcher beaker with a diffy and an inline a/c, FUCK YES

9. From my experience, bubblers can be really smooth when they're double chambered. As far as bongs go, I think that Ice water cools the smoke down more than an ice catcher would. I don't really notice all that much of a difference with ice catchers, I'd recommend going with a high end bub, or a regular bong with a diffuser.

10. Thanks for the warning man, something I would have done otherwise

11. #11 le shitfarmer, Jul 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    This is one of the most infuriating, most easily avoidable things ever!