Didn't think it would work

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jaiar, Nov 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. I dropped a seed into my avocado plant and it's actually taking off! What do I do next? It's about 6-7 inches tall, not fluffy, and has some little buds at the top. Just don't know what to do with it next

2. I'll post a few as soon as I get home from work :love-mj2:

• Like Like x 1
  3. If it's only 7 inches tall and budding you are going to get yourself a nice fat gram of weed to smoke

Is it sitting somewhere getting good light for a short period of time then shade the rest?

4. Decide if it's worth investing in the time, $$$, and effort to see if that seed turns into a female then to continue to grow it out properly to get a reasonable harvest. If it's not worth a couple hundred dollars+ of investment, just have fun with it and water it along with your avocado plant and enjoy it as a houseplant.

5. I don't know about fat gram but that would be awesome! It's fairly skinny. It gets decent sun and a decent amount of shade. I have an enclosed patio that it's in and I open the windows to allow some fresh air in.

6. I'm going more towards the house plant route. I was so surprised to even see it pop up, then stay alive, then survive the cats lol. One of the cats keeps eating the avocado leaves but tried the pot plant and hasn't taken another bite haha

• Like Like x 1
  7. I want y'all to see the pics. One more hour in my hell hole job :passtheshit:

8. With a large kitchen spoon

dig out as much as you can

give thought to some serious roots

4-6 inches around the diameter

and insert into a prepped pot

water well

leave in a dim spot for a day

to continue in the morning

good luck

• Like Like x 1
  9. Not the best pics but hopefully you get the idea

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. It's probably taller than 7 inches now that I'm looking at it. It's just super skinny. The little buds are at the top

11. I can't tell from the pic but it could be male.
    Imo it's not worth transplanting. There are barely any nodes or leaves

12. Agreed. I think it would die if I transplanted it lol. I'll try to get some better pics in the morning when there's more sunlight. Thanks for your input :love-mj2:

13. Yea I don't think those are buds I think they are pollen sacks

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ah, ok. I have no idea will they start new plants? What is their purpose?

15. they pollinate the buds so they will grow seeds, so if its a hermie and has both it would produce seeds if it survives long enough

I can barely see whats going on at the top of the plant from the light though so i have no idea beyond that they might be sacks

• Like Like x 1
  16. It makes a female plant produce seeds. You can save some pollen if you’re trying to fuck around with some breeding. A good amount of people around here do

• Like Like x 1
  17. Just enjoy that little dude as a houseplant and if you have any friends who grow, stay away from their grow since you might carry pollen from your plant to their plants. I wouldn't spend a dollar on it, just water it and enjoy it as a plant.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sounds like a plan. Thanks! :passing-joint: