Did your parents ever argue in front of you as a kid?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tripple A, Jan 28, 2011.

1. they used to occasionally, it was really bad. strange it never happens any more.

2. Yeah pretty much constantly and they used to talk shit about each other to me in private, too. My old man used to leave and say he would never come back but he always did. I wouldn't have blamed him if he didn't. My mom used to tell my 7 year old self that she only stayed with him because she wanted to keep the family together for me. What a fucking joke. Also, that if she did leave that she would take all of his money and make him live on the street.

And now all she does is tell me I had a great childhood because they both bought me a lot of shit.

3. my parents....fought and argued. i got into it with my father at different times. that was then....now they are cool. i have a kid of my own. my brothers have kids. my sister is the only one. im the only one not living with them. im the oldest and i seen more than they have. there is things that need to be worked out within myself to forget evertything. all i do now is just smile and keep going. *shrugging my shoulders* thats life.

4. they argued, they fought, i hated it so much. now if they argue, i just ignore it.

5. i liked the bullshit comment, "this is between your mom and i, don't let it effect you because it doesn't involve you"

and they would argue/yell/lay hands on each other in front me
    and all the stupid shit that went down when one of them was unfaithful

Like, are we not a family unit. Do we not live under the same roof or something?? Am I not there to witness/hear everything going on?

How the fuck am I not involved? How is anyone not supposed to be affected?

It has made me a better person though and taught be a thing or two about how to act.

6. No they never argued like angry argued just bickered/bitched

7. all the time...sadly they are divorced now

8. I feel like every argument that they had scared me for life. it really did. this one time they were arguing about some guy staring at my mom. man when they got home they were fighting with words. my dad got fed up went to the room and got a hammmer to brek every single thing in the room. It was all a missunderestanding.

9. My dad's bi-polar and a recovering alcoholic, so yeah when my parents were together, it was terrifying. I use to cut myself to deal with it, now I go to therapy and found the ganj <3

10. They are not that bad today though. i love my parents now more that ever..

11. haha it is bro its not mormal if your parents act like the world is perfect when its not.

12. but mine didnt make it past me being 1 so what do i know.

13. If I have children, I'm gonna be learning from my parents' mistakes.

14. all of the time.

i was told that's what parents do sometimes :confused::confused: some ppls parents dont argue?

15. Well, even now that I am married, I argue. I uderstand what my parents were going through. Its not easy being a parent. Apparently the arguing gives you something to not look foward to, and that not arguing in front of your kids. Learn to do it in private. Thing is we keep cycles going and going. Break the cycle now. And live a better tommorrow. Oh and smoke some pot withn your wife if you are married. It'll help. Be a man and admit shit. I admit shit all the time.