Did you write something?

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Psilocybeen, Jan 22, 2013.

1. So what did you write, and keep in mind i dont have all day to read it :p
    Wrote this, :smoking:, and than edit:

So here's the way I see it,
    I'm just aiming for achievement,
    With others I work on treatment,
    Always looking for agreement
    and the reason that I seek it;
    Disagreement is so frequent,
    Not really trying to preach it,
    Only want to help you reach it,
    Seeking Heaven contained in speech,
    Yet see each remain a leech,
    In society what's your worth?
    It's your variety shaping Earth,
    and the anxiety makes it worse,
    Your notoriety makes you hurt,
    Looking for dynasty since your birth.

I'm not trying to act like I know you,
    I just know the act that you show dudes,
    Afraid to interact and say hello
    All you need is to react with the flow,
    Because each obstacle helps you grow,
    The more you know then you should show.

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 Zera, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2013
    That was excellent! :hello: I Appreciate.

Here's one from me. Ignore the underscores at the begining of the lines GC wouldn't let me indent without them, and I like the way this looks with the lines staggered the way I had them when I first scrawled this on the back some dense paper I had to read by Derrida.

I hope more people post in this thread. It could have potential!

The title is "Long Term Fatigue"

Thoughts I create
    Are purely my own
    But there is no hint of newness to them
    _____And nothing
    __________But words
    _______They bore me
    But what do I know of poetry?
    I who am in danger of going mad
    From lack of madness.
    How can I dare to try to create
    when the wrong part of my mind is dying?
    I can remember nothing
    ____Just collecting information around me
    Keeping logic in sight
    ____And stumbling forward
    Without purpose.
    In the back of my head
    ____I can sharply feel the numbness spread
    _______Like ice crystals spreading across my brain
    I’m at the edge
    I need to rest
    I’m just a few insomniac nights away
    From losing my subjective mind forever
    And advancing
    Under the weight of enlightened writer’s books
    Into oblivion

3. something goes bad, some would difine it as wrong
    with each breath i've had, continue singing the song
    dance in the mass of the rath, i knew all along
    try to be strong, whispers i hear in the dark
    for not long, it's all for ever one
    so that cheers me up, for i am not stuck
    just playing in the mud, fun while the rays from the sun
    penetrate my own
    because before i know, everything will go cold
    from the young to the old, let go, go.

4. #4 Psilocybeen, Jan 30, 2013
    damn i liked both of those alot. i was feelin them!

I just finished these:

Best use of my time is to write rhymes
    forget committing crimes and bask in sunshine
    never need a dime all I need's a dime sack
    you want to ask "why?", I'll answer like that *snap*
    just reach into the sky, pull a star right back
    it's not inside your mind its sitting on your lap
    now is your chance, choose where to after that
    hopefully let loose and rest in the gap that's
    between my thoughts and the lyrics on track
    right now speak your mind then don't ever turn back
    because great minds think alike, I want you to go ahead,
    use the mic, share with me your sight because in the end
    we see the same light and we share the same plight,
    so you want to know my feelings right?
    Try to ask politely, and if you don't, pretend that you like me,
    'cause in case you didn't know you are just like me.

In the present moment is everything you want
    and if you didn't know this I think that you
    should grow this sense of awareness;
    try sensing peace that lacks unfairness
    and the best way you can share it
    is show that you are careless
    don't worry about your hair, you gotta trust me its fine
    because deep inside your eyes is enough of that shine
    to keep each and every guy going on that ride
    you gotta keep confidence going with that stride
    cause the way that you move I can never share enough time
    always praying I would hear that one line:
    "Jordan what's up?", now i just stopped crying :p
    I could never lie it's not my style to use
    so damn inspiring, but what am I to do
    I could keep trying, dreams would be my tools
    what will I do when afraid to act the fool?
    do it anyway so I can show that it's okay,
    we won't even remember some day,
    me with Alzheimer's it definitely won't stay
    but what I will remember is your birthday
    and I care how you are doing today!
    I may have told you this but you're perfect on your worst day
    after I beheld this I never felt the same way
    cause with you seems such a strange day
    and without you seems such a lame waste!

5. #5 psychoperson25, Jan 30, 2013
    I put this in another similar thread but because I am an attention whore I want to put it in here. So some other people can see it. I will read your guys stuff after I copy pasta

Also nothing I make is intended to be taking seriously but you will see if you read it.

HORROR MOVIE RAP(no clue what to call it)

Freddy got fingered, the smell still lingers
    Not the shitty actor but, the horror movie killer
    That thing coming from his crotch ain't a stinger
    His gloves will turn you into slices of steak dinner
    He's a cannibal now and he will kill non-sinners
    Even people who didn't fry him like chicken fingers.

Now Jason got aids from his friend the Pinhead
    Because he watched two girls one cup instead
    Of disinfecting the needles he got on the Internet
    He knew he should have made them wood, fucking Splinterhead
    I can see one other needle when my nocs are infrared
    See one of these assholes and you will be insta-dead

Freddy, Jason, Pinhead, the Halloween guy
    Why can't you just leave us stoners alive
    And what do you guys have against black guys?
    Your body counts combined are exceptionally high
    Always leaving stoners and minorities to die
    But I guess that is just the racist dick life

6. It's long, but fun! :D

News article from the year 2020
    By “Granny Storm Crow”

20/20 on 4/20/20

April 20, 2020

We all have 20/20 hindsight and this year many reporters, myself included, have given in to the pun and are doing retrospectives. During the last 8 years, we have seen many changes related to the first legalization of cannabis in 2012. Obama finally gave in to the promise of legalization, and we've all seen those Paparazzi photos catching him rolling up and sneaking a joint in the Rose Garden! Many people don't realize that he quietly quit his long addiction to tobacco using cannabis!

Many of the changes we see are small, like now finding CBD in many vitamins. Or the ubiquitous CBD sprays that prevent outbreaks of MRSA in institutions, while simultaneously calming patients or inmates without getting them high. Some changes are international in scale, like the huge shift away from foreign imports and our increasingly isolationist policy. Cannabis has changed America in a surprisingly short time.

People still celebrate 4/20, but it is evolving into a weeklong celebration "Cannabis Awareness Week (aka "Weed Week"). April 15th is dedicated to the fallen- "patron saints", Jack Herer, Dr. Mikuriya and Dr. Leveque, and especially those who died because of the "War on Drugs"- Robin Prosser, Kathryn Johnson, Peter McWilliams and countless others. But on the 20th, almost everything comes to a standstill with the neighborhood "Barbecue and bud" parties throughout the nation. 4/20 is the new American 4th of July.

The face of medicine has been changed dramatically with legalization. Many of the "old standard" medicines have been replaced by cannabinoids that are as effective, and far safer, than the "chemical wonders" pushed by doctors in the past.

Cancer rates are dropping, while the cure rate rises. Although "Hippies don't get cancer!" was a gross oversimplification, the protective effects of cannabis have now been proven conclusively and "Cannabinoid Support Therapy" (CST) is becoming standard in oncology and other fields of medicine. Progress is also being made in many neurodegenerative diseases with synthetic cannabinoids being designed for their neuroprotective effects. Cannabinoid research is a definite growth industry.

Many doctors are considering therapies involving cannabinoids and the endocannabinoid system as the next phase of modern medicine. For decades, the pharmaceutical companies dazzled the doctors into forgetting the adage of "First, do no harm.", but that has changed with the boom in cannabis research. The lack of any serious side effects from most cannabinoids created a demand for new safety standards for medications. Production of synthetic cannabinoids has filled the void for the drug companies after the virtual abandonment of many "old standard" drugs.

It is not just medicine that has been transformed. The change in attitude toward oil and other foreign imports can be traced to cannabis production in part. Self-sufficiency or "making do" has become a way of life for many. The garden plot with a pot plant in the back has become the symbol of this ecological and economical rebellion- people are growing their own food and herbal medicines. Maintaining even partial self-sufficiency has become a matter of personal and national pride. In the inner cities, community gardens and barter groups are becoming the norm.

Farmers have had to adapt, also. Multi-purpose, sex-linked strains providing hemp fiber and cellulose for bio-fuels from the male plant, and seeds and medicinals from the female have provided a new crop for America. Needing only a little fertilizer, and often, no pesticides, and returning a variety of products from a single harvest, cannabis is rapidly replacing cotton as "the fabric of our lives"!

Hemp seed is found in many foods. Gerber's has just added a hemp cereal as a "first food" touting it as an ancient African health food for infants. While for adults and kids alike, stevia-sweetened, dark chocolate hemp seed bars are the most recent health food fad. Health benefits aside, they sure taste a lot better than carob and soy bars my mother used to eat!

Hemp has changed how we get around, too. Bio-diesel and ethanol made exclusively from hemp can be found at 2 gas station chains. And Ford is reviving a modern version of Henry Ford's 1941 hemp car. American grown hemp can already be found in Fords and other US cars as padding, cloth seat covers, plastic components, and more.

Hemp-crete and hemp-board are being used in construction as ecologically sound alternatives to concrete and lumber. Plastics from hemp are seamlessly replacing petroleum-based plastics- most people never notice any difference. Pulp paper mills have been retooled and are turning out hemp paper. "Hemporiums" selling everything from foods, to clothing, to building products, can be found in most cities. During the average day, it is virtually impossible to not touch cannabis in some form.

With the legalization of cannabis, the influx of prisoners into prisons and jails has slowed tremendously. The police and courts no longer have to deal with cannabis related charges and can concentrate on actual crimes. Crime rates have fallen as alcohol use is being replaced by cannabis. Even the police agree that it is easier to deal with a "pothead" than a drunk!

And we must also consider religion. From the fundamentalist "First Church of Christ, Cannabist" to the pagan revivalists of the "Temple of the Ganja Goddess", cannabis has infiltrated into our religions. Whether as the "Kannah Bossm" of the old Testament, the "New Wine" and anointments in the New, to Buddha eating hemp seed under the Bo tree, or as "Goddess-Gift" in the temples, cannabis is has made its way into our churches as well as our homes, businesses and hospitals. One thing I have noted about these cannabis based religions, they all stress compassion and volunteerism in the community. No matter if you agree with them or not, you have to admire their impact on their communities.

In 8 short years, we have watched crime rates drop, witnessed an upswing in self-sufficiency and spirituality, and experienced a medical revolution- all because of a single plant that misguidedly was banned and demonized for 75 years. Amazing! And now I have a bud and a burger waiting for me- and I don't drink beer! lol Happy 4/20 everyone!

Granny :wave:

7. #7 Zera, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2013
    I know this poem is a complete piece of shit. I wrote it because I was sad about this wonderful girl I met who I only got to be with for 4 days and 3 nights. We both fell hard, despite the short time, and I thought she was ignoring me to make it a "clean break", and trying to forget the whole thing. Then this thread reminded me of poetry, and I write songs whenever I feel like shit.

Well, I wrote the poem. I didn't post it because it made me feel like an emotional 16 year old taking things waaay to seriously, and because it was a shitty poem.

But then an hour later, she added me on skype! So I'll post this now, cause apparently it's lucky.

Not Good With Goodbyes

How long will I miss you
    For every second I was with you,
    For every time that I kissed you,
    Now my every dream just is you
    And now you won't answer.

What was I thinking?
    That one night could be long enough?
    Or that three days could be too short
    To make the morning's last goodbyes so tough?

You were right to call me an ass
    I never thought I could feel this bad
    To take you at once first time and last
    But we could see it was our only chance
    Even you couldn't let it go
    Couldn't make yourself say no
    and I couldn't have even if I wanted to

I fell harder that I thought I could
    I did everything I thought I should
    You had to go home and I did too
    But home's warmth went with you
    Only 3 days, can that be true?
    I know it's too short a length of time
    That my heart's telling my brain a lie
    But I'll never forget while I'm alive
    how you let me pretend that you were mine

I feel like my world is turning to stone
    I know I'm overreacting to being alone
    I don't dare fill the inbox of your phone
    Don't need to make all of these feelings known
    I'm not after your forever
    Just want to know that you remember
    And you won't answer.

Please, just answer.

8. you guys are fucking poets and I can barely spell my own name right where is the justice in that

9. 'cmon, guys, let's not let this thread die!

I don't usually write poetry, and I don't think you want to read a big long section of novel, so here's a really short exerpt. It's in first person, the guy is really quite crazy, though that should be obvious.

I felt light on my eyelids . I bury my face in the pillow, not wanting to be awake. All night, I was almost a sleep, but not fully. The light isn't that bright yet. I don't have anywhere to be. It's not too late to fall asleep again. Yeah, it's okay. There's nothing wrong. I try to sleep again, to relax and let go of myself like the therapist said. It's okay. It's not hard. It's quiet. So quiet.

\tJolt awake. Too quiet. Not Okay. My hands reach out to my left clutching at the sheets. Cold, empty sheets. Juni! Eyes wide, looking around, as if I thought they could find her when my hands couldn't. She's not in the room at all. The light in the walk in closet is off, and the bathroom is empty. Then I see the folded paper on the nightstand. Then I can calm down again. Paper. A note. From Juni. I pick it up with a still shaking hand, press it to my chest, and tell myself everything's okay.

She left early for work today. Yes. Took the kids to school with her too. She knows how bad my insomnia's been lately, so she wakes up quietly, turns off the alarm clock, and takes the kids to school for me so I can sleep in. So sweet of her. That's the way she is though. Sweet. Thoughtful. Always.

She always thinks of me and helps me out. I don't know what I'd do without her. Wait, no. That's a bad thought. I don't want to think about that.
    If that happened, I would definitely not be okay.

But everything's fine.

10. (fiction)

You stand at the shore wondering why the holidays are named so. It hardly feels like a holiday when you never get a moment alone away from family, are required to travel long distances to see relatives and trade gifts, and have no time to just huddle up on the couch watching dumb tv. Now is a rare moment to get away from life - your life - and in 20 minutes you will return to it. As the sunrise warms your head and the water dabs your feet, you think back on those funny melancholic dreams you have, about movie stars you saw on a gossip site, about people you half-dated several years ago. Always, when you wake up, you don’t miss them, but you did while you were asleep. You wonder why that is.

When you walk back to your car, you remind yourself that life is all about distraction, and as long as you don’t loiter too much on any thought, you will be okay.

On the radio in the car is a cheerful surf rock tune, and you force a smile even though no one is around. Everyday you wish to be left alone, but then, surprise surprise, you get lonely. Possibly you could call Ella, and by call you mean send her a message on social media.

Back at your apartment you draft an insane outpouring of real emotion. Then you delete it and mutter into your hand. Jesus. At least draft these things in a separate document, you chastise yourself.

Then, as if through psychic connection, Ella shows up in his messages.

This is going to be interesting.

After burning through three cigarettes you shakily draft some words on your phone:

It’s so weird to hear from you. Why don’t we catch up next time we’re in the same city?

After contemplating way too long you finally send and congratulate yourself for not doing that thing, that thing where you deny receiving certain messages from certain people. It’s like pretending to not be home when a doorknocker is demanding attention.

You spend the rest of the day talking to her and floating on cloud nine.

11. ..... Nice story and I really liked it! You could write as professionally as a svedka, The Politics of Climate Change...
    I smoke weed sometimes and when I realize that things are not going right for me, I write stories to order and it distracts me when I'm in the process of writing. It is surprising that I have become less smoking and it is wonderful that after the second story I received an offer to write on a permanent basis in my free time. Last month I've written 5 stories and one essay on my specialty, do not believe it, I received a check in half of my monthly salary. I would like to write a story about it, but I understand that I’m still not writing so well to describe it so that it would be sold. Sorry, distracted .... I think you need to continue to write and someday you will find your way as a writer. You really have talent!