Did you move out as soon as you turned 18?

Discussion in 'General' started by Raoul II, Aug 12, 2008.

1. I've been on my own since I was 16.

2. We'll in one instance where I actually had the apartment out of no where three people fucked us over, they lost jobs and had no way to pay the rent. Luckily I wasn't on the lease while I was there(though I was still paying rent) or I would be in the same 6,000$ hole that my friends Alex and Squirrel are in.

In the other me and a friend had jobs and we thought we had found a third person. He neglected to tell us he lost his job and then once we were denied by that place the same thing happened at another complex later on.

3. I turned 18 in December and I still live at home...although I'm leaving for college in a week

4. I'm turning 19 in November and I still live with my parents. It would be pretty much impossible for me to live on my own, due to financial reasons. Luckily, my parents are very generous and didn't kick me out or anything (despite me "screwing up" several times in the past few months). I start up school again on the 27th so I'll be back in my dorm very soon.

5. I moved out 2 months and 2 arrests after my 18th birthday. Got tired of having to go to other peoples houses to party and such and them not knowing what to do when the cops come.

I had to work 75 hours a week, trap, and make money bowling to make finance not a problem. I looked like death most the time, and suffered from depression and exhaustion almost constantly. However, I think it was one of the biggest learning experiences so far in my life. I'm now officially in my second apartment, this time in my college town. Looking back, if I would of stayed at my parents house during the time I, insead, moved into my first apartment, I'd be about 15,000 dollars richer.

6. I didn't really have a choice, my parents moved half-way across the country, 6 months after I turned 18.

When it came down to either leaving behind everything I've known for 18 years by staying with my parents and moving away, or getting a full time job and moving out... I chose to move out.

So yeah, I've been out on my own for almost 3 years now. Of course, then I went and got married so now I have a husband roommate. :p

7. I moved out at 17.

8. tell me about it...im from long island... i actually found a decent college in florida for what i wanted to do soz the summer after my senior year i dipped out before august lol

9. Quit school and hitch hiked to Rhode Island at the age of 16, got a job working on the docks in Point Judith unloading fishing boats and had an apartment in Narragansett. Never did go back home, been on my own ever since.