Did Weed Open You Up To Trying Other Drugs?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Black_Chamber, Jul 30, 2009.

1. i would've never tried shrooms, mdma, coke, xanax, etc. if I didnt try marijuana first and enjoy my experiences with it. I'm thankful to weed for that though because all those drugs are amazing in their own right

2. #2 Necrostophelies, Jul 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2009
    weed is a gateway drug but only if you want it to be, not like the propaganda people say that youre will have urges to try harder drugs that you cant control when you smoke weed.

honestly the first drug i ever tried was lsd back in the 70s then weed so i guess you could say lucy was a gateway drug for me

3. Yeah, Im not gonna lie. It made me want to try other drugs.

4. Marijuana is a gateway drug.....A GATEWAY TO AWESOMENESS:hello:

But seriously, I tried mushrooms just because I felt like it, it had nothing to do with weed. But I love 'em both.:D

5. I think only in the sense that it is illegal and that allows me to have the connects and when I first tried weed I thought "What else has the government been lying to me about?" Which prompted me to try other things and decide for myself.

6. It wasn't weed that made me decide to try acid and shrooms(not at the same time) it was my roommate who described it and said if i love weed i'd probably like this...and i did first time was one acid tab next two times two tabs then eighth of shrooms on the most recent trips:smoke:

7. :hello: So true!

8. Awesome darkhosis that's funny

9. Where's the "No, alcohol showed me the appeal of intoxication." option?

10. Well I think weed is a 'gateway drug' only because it's the easiest to obtain so chances are if you move on to other things you've had some experience with drugs before and marijuana is the most logical drug to start with.

Personally I always knew I wanted to try weed from when I was like 12, did first when I was 16, but then didn't really do any other drugs until college. Once I got there I started smoking more and tried Adderall (for studying), mushrooms (had always been interested in psychs), and coke (lived in NYC), all in my first semester.

Since then I guess I've continued trying things to figure out what I like the most and what I don't like, so I guess "experimenting liberally" so I'm now at the point where I know what I like and how often is reasonable to use it, etc.

11. Fuck it, get high motherfucker

12. I tried opiates before weed, so fuck it. Get high. You only got one life. :smoking:

13. I wouldn't say it opened me up to others, but I tried Xanax, Vicodin, OC, Lortab, and a bunch of other pills and LSA. I'd also love to try Shrooms, E, Coke, Acid, and H. I know I could get the first 4, I doubt I'd even try it even if I could get heroin.

14. Weed doesnt open you up to other drugs. Weed has, however, Proven to me that the government is not on OUR side therefore I don't beleive a single thing they say.

They say weed is bad for you- Today's independent scientists show that it is good for you.

They say they don't have alternative energy sources- There is a universal energy that surrounds us. Tesla did significant research on harnessing energy from the atmosphere-of course until his work was destroyed.

They tell us flouride is good for our teeth- Sure, but they peddle sodium flouride, a useless bi-product from manufacturing alimiunm. Then it acts as a cleaner for the pipe systems. Calcium flouride is what is good for your teeth. Btw, cuba doesn't have flourintaed toothpaste but they have some of the healthiest teeth in the world. Hmmm... ohh, and also i read somewhere that sodium fluoride suppresses dreaming- as we all know dreaming is extremely important and connects the conscious mind with the unconscious, and supposedly the afterlife...another thing the governemnt does not want.

Almost every aspect of life is created by the government to make you live like ignorant livestock. They want the masses to drown themselves in entertainment and kill higher level thought processes, solely to gain more power.

Sry, for the rant, felt like this needed to be said for some reason.

15. So how many how you people tried alcohol or nicotine before marijuana? Are you still sure it's marijuana that was the gateway drug or perhaps it was alcohol or nicotine..

Yes, prohibition can often bring people around shady dealers who use and sell hard drugs to find marijuana, which will usually be offered in an attempt to get you hooked to something else they sell that's actually addictive like heroin and cocaine...

If marijuana were legal all along, a lot less people would be involved in the illegal drug scene, no one would know where to get it unless they already use hard drugs, because everyone would just be buying their pot from the store like they do their alcohol and avoiding those tempting situations

16. honestly i didnt have my first drink till i was 40 and iver never used tobacco products, probably because my dad died from lung cancer and my grnadfather was an alcoholic that beat my grandmother.

17. Weed, and the false information surrounding weed given to us by the school system, sparked in me the desire to know the truth about drugs...so I suppose, in that way, it did open me up to trying other drugs.

And this poll ends on my birthday :metal:

18. No, I would've abused lots of drugs whether I had tried weed or not

19. The whoel gateway drug theory is based off the fact that the majority of coke users smoke(D) marijuana before they tried cocaine.