Did something stupid/insane today

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Thekidthatshigh, Aug 29, 2012.

1. So today Im on my way to school (hs senior), I was stopped at a light and ripping my bowl. I was lighting and looking down, apparently my foot came off the brake and I lightly nailed the car in front of me. (I was in another bad accident a month ago). We got out and looked at his car and there was about a 1 inch by 1/2 centimeter gash in his bumper. I thought hed let me go but hes like lets pull in this parking lot so I can get your insurance. I said ok, he turned in front of me in the lot and I fucking floored it. I hid in a parking lot for like ten minutes freaking out. I hid my bowl in some mulch then went to school. Ive been really sketching all day. I hope sooo bad that nothing happens I will be FUCKED.

• Like Like x 2
  2. thats just stupid

3. higher insurance > warrant for your arrest for hit and run.
    nuff said?

• Like Like x 2
  4. [quote name='"JackTheRipp3r"']thats just stupid[/quote]

I know man. Ive been in two accidents and been driving a year and a half..as soon as i did it I was like wtf did I just do, Im fucking stupid! It was such a split second decision.

5. [quote name='"TehPhoneGuy"']higher insurance > warrant for your arrest for hit and run.
    nuff said?[/quote]

How do you know If you have a warrent?

6. #6 RooRgle, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2012
    That sucks man...hitting bumpers are not fun..the slightest gash in a bumper means the entire fucking thing needs to be replaced, since most cars just have a plastic piece...at least u should hope it was plastic, much more expensive if it was not. Still should cost anywhere from $200-$600 depending on the make, model, and year of the car u hit.

If that's the extent of the damages you will either have your insurance pay that, but it would be smart if you went out of pocket for any damages (if the cost is under $500), that keeps the insurance company out of it, and your premiums low.

As far as your accident...maybe smoke when you're not driving...I mean that could not have been the smartest move you made all year, right? Good luck man :bongin:

EDIT: Shit I didn't realize you fucking bounced....you're an idiot dude, and this might not end well, better hope he didn't catch your front plate number if you have one.

7. Maybe you shouldn't be driving, ever think of that?

I hope the catch you op. Shoulda done the right thing to begin with

• Like Like x 4
  8. [quote name='"HBGBUB"']Maybe you shouldn't be driving, ever think of that?

I hope the catch you op. Shoulda done the right thing to begin with[/quote]

I dont think the right thing is to be fucked in the ass by insurance for a one inch gash. Its defiantly not right to dip but Im desperate man. The guys car is fine.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Oh man, you're fucked!

That guy probably didn't get a license plate number or you'd be hauled off by now, but he most likely got the make, model, and obviously the color. Not to mention a description of YOU.

Be careful driving that same road to school or ditch that route completely. You're going to have to lay low for a while. If you get caught that's a felony

10. I'm gonna be the ony person in this thread that says HA, NICE!

You're kind of a douchebag for leaving him hanging if that turns out to be costy but besides that nice. Do you drive a unique car? If so you may be uber fucked and should lay low for a while.

11. [quote name='"PackAsnap"']Oh man, you're fucked!

That guy probably didn't get a license plate number or you'd be hauled off by now, but he most likely got the make, model, and obviously the color. Not to mention a description of YOU.

Be careful driving that same road to school or ditch that route completely. You're going to have to lay low for a while. If you get caught that's a felony[/quote]

This is what ive been thinking.

12. Go to your local court house or police station and ask.

Really dumb move on your part, if he wanted insurance info he was not going to call the cops. Being that you were at fault your insurance is responsible for damages, most likely because you did not stick around his insurance instructed him to file a police report to expedite getting his car fixed, because now if he had full coverage his insurance company has to pay, which means he might have to pay a deductible. My deductible is five hundred bucks so you best believe I would call the cops in a heart beat, because I would without a doubt take you to small claims court over that.

Now them finding you is a different story. I would think that police would be smart enough to take your description as a "young guy" driving a X color car with the body style of Y and a year of about Z. and go to the closest high school find a car matching that description and ask the school for a list of the students names that drive similar cars. Should be that easy to track you. Even easier if he looked at your license plate. but I have very little faith in the police, so there is a chance you might be good.

Personally I hope you get fucked in all this, your actions were deplorable and maybe getting screwed over might teach you a bit of responsibility.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Also just so you if the bumper is gashed they don't just sand it down and repaint it they just order a new one. Which on a 99 Subaru outback is 1200$. A lady hit me and it was just a gash I was willing to deal with (she was hot) but she insisted in exchanging insurance info and they replaced the entire back bumper.

good luck.

Also in most states if you did not cause personal injury it is not a felony. Property damage is a misdemeanor.

14. You're kind of a douche bag for doing it, but hey. If you just think it through, I personally in that situation wouldn't get the police involved just for the pure inconvenience and effort of it, but you never know. If he does you're pretty much fucked seeing as he knows exactly what you and your car looks like.

15. And this is exactly why some people shouldn't smoke weed, let alone smoke and drive.

I honestly hope dude got your license plate number and reported you. Sounds like you don't need to be on the road doing bullshit like that.

16. you ran for a little 1 inch gash? damn bro you fucked up. You couldve just exchanged insurance info and been on your way.

17. I really fucked up...

18. as longs as he didn't see your plate and your not on video your fine, expect a knock on the door tomorrow though, hit and runs are usually caught

i think the worst outcome is a big fine, you'll have to pay for his damages and probably some sort of fine for trying to evade him maybe community service, not sure to be honest but you wont go to jail or anything, its not like you ran him over in the process, just take all your weed related shit in the car into your house so they never have to find out about the fact you were high during it lol thats when things get more serious

• Like Like x 1
  19. chances are, after filing a police report that you were caught on video, if not it will catch up with you

20. Have fun being convicted of a felony if you get caught.