Did my seeds die?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by kushnoj4849, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Fellas i planted my seeds about two days ago and still no sprout. It had been raining the day before all day while my pots with soil were outside, when i put the seeds in i didn't touch em with my hand i used tweezers to put em in the hole i made with a pencil and dropped em tap root down, then just lightly covered with soil. Went to check on em today and the soil was semi wet semi dry around the edges. I took some distilled water and watered around the edges and poured a little bit towards the end in the general area of where i planted my seed. Any advice?

2. you should really start your seedlings indoors because when you start them outside anything could happen. You also should use your hands when you handle the seeds because tweezers aren't as gentile. Does the soil have any strong ferts that could possibly burn a seedling? How far below the surface did you plant them? I'd say it's too early to tell, wait another day or two and if nothing happens lightly brush the soil away like you're digging up a fossil and see what it looks like. If the root is small and spindly than you've messed up, however if it's thick and white you have a healthy happy seedling.

3. Hey thanks for being the only one to reply but the seeds popped out. I saw the sprout start pushing its way out of the ground so i uncovered it a little bit but still left a litte dirt over it, the other was just about halfway out of the ground. Thanks for your advice either way

4. Seeds can take up to ten days to sprout. Be patient.

5. Wanted to give yall an update. Both plants have sprouted, but it rained pretty hard last night which caused one of the sprouts to move to the corner of the pot. I tried to center it as well as possible, but I'm fairly sure it will die. The other has 4 leaves already, it has some good height on it and very green. If one dies i have 4 other seeds to germinate. I moved them to a different location so that they can get more direct sunlight, first place was just to provide natural cover from rain and too much direct sunlight. Will give an update on a day or two once the fate of my first plant is decided.