Did Muller finally cross the "red line"?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by well highdrated, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Did Robert Mueller just cross Donald Trump's red line on Russia? - CNNPolitics

That fact makes it hard to know exactly what Mueller is looking for, what it has to do with Russia or the Trump Organization's business in the country and why he needed to subpoena the documents as opposed to simply asking for them.

But what we do know is that President Donald Trump -- and his lawyers -- have warned Mueller against a widening of the probe to include things that happened before Trump became a candidate or having to do with his real estate business.

---

So these definitely weren't the documents that they gave up voluntarily. And trump said that:
    ----
    In an interview with The New York Times in July 2017, Trump was asked whether Mueller looking into his personal finances -- not involving Russia -- would amount to a "red line"-like violation in his mind. Here's how he responded:

"I would say yeah, I would say yes. By the way, I would say, I don't -- I don't -- I mean, it's possible there's a condo or something, so, you know, I sell a lot of condo units, and somebody from Russia buys a condo, who knows? I don't make money from Russia."

---

So is this now the point where Muller gets fired, or do we find out what the f is actually being subpoenaed?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. If Trump fires Mueller then he'll get impeachment paper drawn up from both sides. If Mueller finds the documents he's looking for by subpoena of the Trump Organization, then, well, I guess Jeff Sessions and the Justice Department takes over and Trump will have to resign.

I'm thinking Mueller has a Russian money laundering scheme with the Trump Organization he wants to crack.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. The evidence we've seen makes me think there's a witch somewhere and Mueller wants to find it. Is this a investigation into a crime or an investigation looking for a crime, any crime? Could any of us pass an investigation into our past done by 50 FBI agents looking at everything we've ever done? Not me for sure. The way Mueller's going about this means he will find something, anything, to point at.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yea I don't get this whole investigation deal, and I am not sure what to think about it either.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Depends. Allegedly someone's biggest crimes were using fake ID, buying pot illegally, maybe driving intoxicated.
    I don't know maybe writing off a little extra off the taxes?..
    What other crimes do most people commit?

Certainly nothing on the level of guys like trump. They play different game, by different rules.
    And face consequences accordingly.

6. Rarely

7. I think that Mueller is looking in to the Trump organization's ties with Russia to determine if they had any possible leverage over anyone in the Trump organization. For the investigation that he was asked to perform, this is a very reasonable question regardless of the answer. Firing Mueller is a dangerous slope for Trump for a number of reasons, and I think the idea that this would be the last straw is more of a captivating headline than a real possibility.

• Like Like x 1
  8. #8 MickFoster, Mar 16, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    Investigations of any kind can possibly lead to other crimes committed by the person being investigated. If the local police are investigating a theft and their investigation uncovers a possible murder by the suspect, would you expect them to ignore the murder because they were investigating a theft? The Clinton investigation started with a questionable $100k land deal in Arkansas, then went to Paula Jones and Jennifer Flowers, and ended with a Lewinsky in the oval office. Clinton was impeached because he lied to the FBI about it. Same goes for Nixon - cover up, lies, and obstruction - not the original crime. Trump's need for power and recognition will be his downfall. If he hadn't ran for President he would be safe and still living in Trump Tower in NY. Not a smart move when you have things to hide, but his ego overrides common sense.

9. It's no surprise that Mueller's investigation is looking into Trump's business. He has claimed hundreds of times that he has never had anything to do with Russia - no investments, no loans, no communication, no nothing. But both of his sons have said numerous times in public that the Trump organization has gone to Russia for financing for their business. Considering that this is a Russia investigation, it seems to me that investigating his ties to Russia would be the prudent thing to do. To quote Deep Throat - "Follow the money".

10. This witch hunt still on? Come on guys, get over it, you can vote him out in 3 years. By the time Mueller finds anything it will be election season anyways

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Your statement saying Trump has claimed hundreds of times he's never done business in Russia is ridiculous. If he's made that claim hundreds of times perhaps you can just show us just one of them? I agree when Clinton was investigated they went way to far but that doesn't give Mueller justification for engaging in his own witch hunt. And there's a difference in finding a crime during the investigation of another crime but it's already established Trump didn't collude with the Russians to swing the election so what crime are they investigating that gives them cause to look into Trump's whole life?

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. I admit to exaggeration on that point. How about dozens? The point still remains that he has denied on many occasions that he has nothing to do with Russia, and both his sons have claimed the opposite and said they have borrowed money from Russia to finance their investments. It's funny that you call me out for my admitted exaggeration but you're ok with all the lies your king tells.
    Did Mueller's investigation end and I missed his report? You can spin it any way you like Ed and you can believe anything you like, but just the fact that Mueller has issued subpoenas to the trump organization looking for financial ties to Russia means it ain't over my friend. ;)

13. If Trump has made the claim only dozens of times you should still be able to show us one of them. Here's some news for you, Trump has never made the claim he's never done business in Russia. Actually he's admitted he as many times. Those intentionally misunderstanding his statements have tried to prove he's lying, here's a short YouTube clip where Trump admits doing business with Russians but the clip is posted trying to show him in a lie. Listen for yourself.
    And why do you call him my king? I think he's a blowhard but I also think he's done some good things for America and I will continue to point out statements his haters (you are one) make that are not true. I will admit that if we had kings instead of presidents he would be my king but he would also be yours.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. #14 Green Wizard, Mar 17, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    Who established that Trump didn't collude with the Russians? I'm not saying he did, but if you're talking about the republicans on the intel committee, that's not a very official verdict.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Who established that he didn't collude with aliens? No evidence that he did, but hey, aliens are crafty, it might still have happened.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Russia is the new

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. #17 MickFoster, Mar 17, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    That's a lie Ed. In a news conference on Feb.16, 2017 he said: "And I can tell you, speaking for myself, I own nothing in Russia. I have no loans in Russia. I don't have any deals in Russia". This statement is not only a contradiction to what he claimed in the video you posted but it is also in direct conflict to the statements made by both of his son's. He has also made that claim at some of his rallies. You can distract by nit picking the number of times I claimed he said it, but the bottom line is that he has said that. I will continue to point out statements his lovers (you are one) make that are not true. See what I did there? Long live the Lyin King. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Again with the name calling...

19. My bad. I will edit. :) Considering he classified me as a hater - is using the term lover to classify him ok with you?

20. You do realize that it's been a while since the investigation was broadened to include pretty much all the financial and other violations of laws and regulations. Hence the NYT interview.

I don't care if he goes to jail ten years from now, but now all his con games are coming to an end. Karma is a bitch.

• Like Like x 1