Did male drop pollen yet?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mason420, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Yo GC had this male looking like it was about to drop pollen weeks ago but idk if its re veging now or did i miss it? trying to collect some pollen and make some new strains.. have a few seeds for next season!

ForumRunner_20130423_205139.png

ForumRunner_20130423_205153.png

kind of looks like pollen dropped but i have no idea since i havent done this before. Since i got a male id like to do some breeding and rest of my seeds are fem. Might just take a clone off male, kill main plant then make it drop pollen indoor.. because i plan on growing around there and dont want my own male plant having sex with my girls a few 100 yards away lol.

2. Yes, I see one flower that opened near the bottom.

I do suggest you take a cutting or 2 and get rid of it if its that close to a female. If you put the branch you pictured in a glass of water, it should drop enough pollen without needing to root.

3. Ok thanks for the reply. Would I put it under a 12/12 or jus be good under a light with no set time? Just need a bit of pollen, how long can pollen stay good for?

4. It should stay a while, as long as it stays dry, and cold. I'd suggest the freezer.