Did I mess up?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by briangumble, Aug 27, 2005.

1. I'm germinating some seeds with the paper towel method, but I think I wet the paper towels too much. I soaked 3 paper towels to the point where theres small puddles of water on the paper towels.

The seeds are at the top of the bottom paper towel layer. 1 seed has a small white thing popping out, and the other 2 seeds haven't changed at all.

So did I screw up by putting too much water?

2. im not sure but you my as well wait b/c if the first one did it the second one should

3. Is putting too much water a bad thing? And I also had it in a airtight glass container, is that bad too?

**UPDATE**

I just checked on the seeds just now. One seed has a white thing the length of the seed itself popping out. Another seed has a white thing barely poking out of the seed. And in the last seed I can barely see a whit dot threw a small crack in the seed.

I thought the length would be a lot longer by now, so I might have to wait till tomorrow before I plant them. They have been germinating for about a day and a half now.

4. if i were you i would plant the good one and wait for the other 2. when the "white thing" lol gets to about 1/2 an inch they are ready to plant. a good way to germinate is get 2 plates and soak paper towel puts seeds in betwwen a couple of wet sheets (you do not need a puddle) and put plate on top so it makes like a dome and put it on top of shelf. works great for me in 24-48 hours. good luck - ru

5. Is puddles of water bad? I didn't mean to put so much water.

6. Well judging on your 3 seeds all germinating i think you answered your own question..

I personnal put my seeds in a glass of water for two days then put them in paper soaked paper towels...unless its a dead seed they all sprout...I think I have a 90% sucess rate....you have a 100% rate ....so......looks like you got it figured out.

7. Well if you put your seeds in a glass of water, then I shoulden't worry about putting to much water on the paper towels right?

8. it really all depends on the method that works best for you. i mean i guess having a puddle isnt bad but when i did paper towel methed i simply soaked 2 paper towel and squezed the water out and put seeds in between them and if they get dry i spray with water. ive got like 2 seeds out of 25 that didnt sprout so like a 92% germ rate