did I kill them?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by whatsurfunction, Jun 28, 2011.

1. First time grower here. My babies were fine until i fed them way too much yesterday. I usually do 1/4 strength and it works out fine but yesterday I went a little overboad. When i came to check on them last night I knew I had burnt them [cutling under leaves] so i transplanted and hopped to come out to better looking plants this morning....wrong they now look like whats in the picture. Any Ideas or are they complete trash?:cry:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ouch just leave them be see how they go i guess

3. They can be saved, but their growth will be hurt due to this setback.

If the pots have good drainage you might try flushing them once. To do that just water them till they are running water out the drain holes and keep doing it till you have run several gallons of water through the pot. This is what houseplants need occasional due to the buildup of salts in the soil, but to be honest I don't know how it would effect your already stressed plants.

Since you have already transplanted them and hopefully watered after transplant, then the previous suggestion may be the best and just keep them sheltered from full sun and see what happens.
    I just looked at your pics again, that new soil around the edges looks really dry. The plant at the top of the pics that's just laying down looks dry more than burnt. If you did not water after transplant I suggest you do it now.

4. I would give it water, doesn't look too burnt but looks limp/dehydrated more than anything. Like said above, that dirt looks dry, definitely give it a good watering and it should come back.

5. Thank you guys!!!! I have done all of the above all i can do now is be patient an wait.

6. Lol, but this mans girls are dying show some respect ! :rolleyes:

On a serious note, yo man how along were they? 1 month or so?

What was your watering schedule, how much sun a day did they get?

What was the ph runoff?

What was your soil composition?

Did you feed nutrients?

All these questions matter so i can answer your question, friend.

7. They were 5 weeks tomorrow. Watered every other day if the soil was dry. Soil is mg organic potting mix with a mixure of local soil. and i fed it 10-10-10 twice

8. Oh and im thinking either you watered it before you took the pic, b/c u underwatered it or because you water all the time.. You need to be certain if you checked several inches down and not just the top layer...This picture is clear overwatering...

9. Yea I had just watered before the pic. Lesson today: live and learn

10. #11 KittyInACup619, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    MG? oh, come on man. do yourself right and get some good soil for your girls. no plant deserves to be stuck down in that plant killing bullshit. it's mostly wood compounds anyway.

11. Flush them meaning over water them and this should flush out some nutes