did I kill them?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by whatsurfunction, Jun 28, 2011.

1. First time grower here. My babies were fine until i fed them way too much yesterday. I usually do 1/4 strength and it works out fine but yesterday I went a little overboad. When i came to check on them last night I knew I had burnt them [cutling under leaves] so i transplanted and hopped to come out to better looking plants this morning....wrong they now look like whats in the picture. Any Ideas or are they complete trash?:cry:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. You shouldn't have transplanted them. They are already stressed and transplanting is more stress. How old are they?

3. 4 weeks and 3 days. I was Thinking that also but didn't know if it was better leaving them in the soil with the nutes that burnt them.

4. You can flush them out next time. Just keep running water through the soil and it will get all the nutes out. Just keep putting in water until it goes from yellowish to more clear. Then let sit and dry and wait to water again until needed

5. Thanks for the help. I was thinking on flushing but some people said that it could make the plant take in more nutes if they are time released which they are so thats why i decided to transplant. do they look relivable?

6. Maybe. Did you transplant into the same type of soil with time released nutes?

7. Lesson here do not water that much nor over do it with nutes. Undernuteing is waaaay better then over. Over you can kill literally in a day.

Let your plant dry out some between waterings. Its also like nutes...a plant can go quite a while without water but not long with to much. I water mine when the soil is pretty dry. I think on my last harvest I watered maybe once every 7 days probably more like 8-9 days could be a little longer.

8. 9 days? How big are your pots?

9. No I use mg organic potting mix mixed with some local topsoil which has always worked good I use 10-10-10 fertilizer from lowes

Thanks for all the replies the bigger one dried out with almost all the leaves half yellow should I clip them.

10. Was making sure you didn't transplant back into same kind of soil. I have my fingers crossed for you

11. Thanks! And the pots are 8 quarts I think?

12. How tall are they?

13. about 12 inches

14. Okay. Just making sure the pots are big enough should be fine for a while. How tall do you want them to get?

15. well they are in my backyard nothing to crazy at least no more than 4 feet if so i could lst the higher branches

16. You can tie the branches downward to keep them shorter and give more light to lower branches and buds

17. You cant feed a plant ass small as that...... do you give your baby steroeds ??

18. That would taste bad. Steroid weed. Make you turn into the hulk if you smoke it. The green that turns you mean and green

19. I got a little impatient first grow ever. live and learn.

20. Yeah you want to wait a few weeks. I like to wait about 3 weeks and start off at 1/4 nutes and work my way to full