Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Did I just waste my weed?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by ishothesherrif, Mar 4, 2010.

1. I just got to the end of a bag (there was like .4) of some really nice fluffy headies and wanted to make a firecracker by leaving it aside NOT cooking it, (I'm lazy and wanted to see of it would work better than cooking it)with nutella and when I got down stairs I realized that I had none of those things.
    So I'm in my kitchen with a pile of weed and I'm just dumbfounded by what to do. So then my brain said just mix the peanut butter and weed in a jar and let it sit. Then I thought why don't I use butter since it has more fat so I did. I just mixed it all together and have this butter with a smell like no other and a very light green color. And I'm planning on just letting it sit and hope that the thx combines with the fat over the next few days. I plan to eat it b4 I go snowboarding sunday
    I'm just wondering if it will work or waste my weed?

2. the key thing here is heat, you need to heat it up before you put it on the cracker so that the thc bonds with fat, otherwise you will just have butter with weed in it that wont get you high

3. 2 things...

Too little weed really...

Letting butter sit out will make it go rancid.

4. First off it is salted butter which stays good unrefrigerated.

Second of all I was planning on making a firecracker not butter

And third if u can just let the weed soak in oil (fat) without being cooked to activate, then why wouldn't butter (fat) absorb the thc?

5. You have 3-5days at best even with salted. Exposure to air and light will help it along. You would have to vacuum seal the container or use a butter "boat" or "float which keeps the air from it with water.

6. ok ok ok wtf if your going to make budder do it right, you need a double fuckin boiler or like a crock pot typed thing that will melt but not burn the butter, then when its all melted put in an o of weed per lb of butter, which is 4 sticks. let that shit sit on the heat for a loooong looooong time, the longer the better. Then (this is optional) you can use a cheese cloth as a screen and pour the budder thru to get all the plant material (that is now useless) out, keep in mind if you dont strain out the plant material, there will be more mass, and that means if something calls for a 1 stick you need to put a little more cause that plant material isnt butter and is taking up the space where some would be. I recommend cheese clothing it

7. It is an air/ water proof container
    it should stay fine
    if I have too I'll put it in the frige

8. .4 would have been enough to make a firecracker with nutella or penut butter as long as you cooked it properly..

you shoulda just went and picked up nutella/PB..

you cant be THAT lazy to not just put it in the oven for less than a 1/2 hour

9. I really wonder why we can't even talk about butter without all the trash talk. Double Boiler is all that is required to get your message across, and it's BUTTER, not BUDDER. This whole dumbing down of America thing is definately a problem for me, and whatever happened to mixed case and proper formatting? OK, I will climb down off my soap box and tell you what I was gonna tell you. (Yes gonna, not 'going to')

We keep a pound of salted butter in a crock on the counter top all year long. It will keep in a crock. In the winter it gets a little hard, and in the summer it can get pretty soft, so during the hot spells, I will put the crock in the fridge.

Now that is plain butter. You have loaded your butter (or is it actually margarine?) with a foreign object which will introduce mass amounts of bacteria, so I would put it in the fridge if I were you until it is cooked per the prior messages.

10. yea that would work but it wont be nearly as strong as if you had taken that .4 and mixed it with...fuck lets do this math so you had 2/5ths of a gram and a gram is 1/28th of an oz so the calc says you had .014 of the weed required for a full lb, but lets say you used .014 the amount of butter.... thats about..... a slice of butter just heat that up in the microwave till its melted add weed and just keep it warm for a while somehow, let it cool, enjoy, would prolly get you high as fuuuuuck

11. So should I cook it now and leave it out or should I put it in the frige and heat it up Sunday ?

12. you can cook it now then fridge it up hahaha, i dunno who said butter goes bad after 3 days cause thats bullshit, the fat keeps it good for a while

13. How should I cook it tho?
    I only mixed In the bud (which was finely) ground, which a single slab of butter (1 tablespoon)
    but does it have to be cooked or does the fat just absorb the thc?

14. if the THC absorbs without heat i assume it takes a long time, days perhaps, cause the butter is only touching the weed where it is in contact and no where else, while liquid butter can stir around and has more "surface" area for all the absorbing to occur, plus molecules move faster when normal so its like all micro churning together.... what is the budder is right now?

15. If to just leave it and eat it, you WONT get high, at all. Cook it or extract!!!!!:hello:

16. Exactly I'm leaving it for 3 days and the bud was almost completely powdery mixed the 2 togeter in a small airtight jar
    I wonder If I should stir it once a day to make sure 100% of the weed contacts the fat cells of the butter:rolleyes:

17. ya do that, also if you can i would pop it in the micro once to melt it down, then re harden it once a day if your gonna do that, it should be good to go

18. Word man that's what I want to here some positvity lol :bongin:

19. Probably should have read a thread on it first.... seeing as there are a lot on here. Plus... I can tell you that you would've got higher hitting 0.4 on a bong then trying to make edibles. If you get high then you must have absolutely no tolerance haha.

20. #20 SIRSOG, Mar 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2010
    momoiverson, im just gonna point out that by weight, if you make a batch of cookies which will call for prolly 1 or 2 stick of butter, so up to a half o of weed will be absorbed within 2 sticks, so thats gonna make fucking like 48 cookies, half an o is 14g's strangely thats .4g per cookie so you fail. Math just beat you at a weed game