did i just do something really silly...

Discussion in 'General' started by novem, Aug 23, 2011.

1. i was just at a doctors office (first time with a new doctor) to get some help for some heart issues i've had for a while.

she went through the typical "do you drink...smoke...do any strict drugs like marijuana", and i said yes.

was this a terrible thing for me to do....

2. i mean that i said yes to the "do you smoke weed" question *

3. Yes, telling the truth is right up there with murder and rape.

4. doctors dont say anything, they legally cant

5. nah, its better to be honest with your doctor. they can't say anything legally.

6. all my doctors know i smoke herb. they cant tell anyone. your fine

7. oh ok. thanks guys :)

8. A doctor cannot bust you for pot.

It is always best to be totally honest about medical matters with your doctor.

If you cannot be honest with him because of his prejudices, you need a new doctor or to click that first link in my sig and start educating your doctor! :hello:

Anything in my List with a ncbi in the URL is from PubMed and is good to give your doctor! :D

Granny :wave:

9. I don't understand. Your doctor is not a police officer, and there is such thing as doctor patient confidentiality.

I would tell my doctor straight up if he needed to know. What if he prescribed you something that doesn't mix with marijuana and you end up dead?

10. You did the right thing by being honest with your doctor. As stated above, they can't say anything anyway

11. gotta be honest with the doctor. They have rules to follow, so unless they think youre going to hurt yourself or others, then what happens in the doctors office stays in the doctors office.

12. Honestly I disagree that you have to be honest with your doctor. One of the problems is if you doctor is against the use of Cannabis, it can mean that for example when you're in severe pain or something and need addictive painkillers - he'll be less likely to give you them as he'll see you as a "drug user" with a potential for addiction.

However, that said, if it really turns out for the worst you're not stuck with one doctor for your whole life, you can change. So I don't think you telling him was that bad, the question is really how he reacted.

13. Lol they dont care man. Don't worry :)

14. only thing you gotta worry about is him asking you to spark him uppp :smoke:
    lmao

15. This. I work in a hospital and I heard a doctor on the phone talking about how her patient uses weed and she can't believe it and he's not getting any painkillers because he's a drug addict.

Like, seriously...doctors need to be educated on the wonders of marijuana and the fact that non-addict people use it.

I hate when they're like, "do you use street drugs?" and I'm sittin there thinking, "wtf??" I always say, "what kinda drugs are you talkin about?" and then they're like, "marijuana, crack cocaine, heroin..." and it's just like, really? the fuck's a street drug. Yeah, I stand on the "streets" and try to get my weed fix however I can. Gimme a needle...I wanna mainline this shit.

I think it's good that you told your doctor that you smoke, though. Especially if you've been having heart issues; not sure what weed does exactly, but it effects your heart rate and blood pressure, I think, so it's probably good for him to know about it.

16. yea best thing is to be honest. even if you smoke crack or pop oxys like there tic tacs they need to know so they can proscribe you some thing that will be safe. a friend of mine his brother was really addicted to pills and was on methadone to get off them and he came down with some illness and he didnt tell the doc what he was on. well the doc proscribed some thing that didnt mix and he ended up kicking the bucket.