did i get the wrong lights?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Traxx187, Jun 23, 2012.

1. i went to my local store to buy some CFL's but i think i got the wrong ones the big one is a 42w=200w(2700k) and the 2 small ones are 23w=100w(6500k)[​IMG]

2. Why do you think those are "wrong"?

With CFLs you want a bare minimum 100 actual watts per plant, you are essentially there. Adding another 1-2 of those 23 watters would be good. Also you've mixed your spectrum, which isn't a bad thing but doesn't work as well with CFLs. Ideally you would have daylight 6500k during veg and separate bulbs at 2700k for flowering, if you are going to use the same bulbs all the way through then you are better off with 2700k.

3. Yea I might head into town and buy another 42w 2700k bulb and more 23w 6500k ones too

4. thats a good idea.. h0w many plants are you growing?

I would get two more of the 42 watters and 2 more of the 23 watt 4600k(blue light) or look for a bigger watt in the 4600 spectrum

5. right now 1 or 2 plants as space is Limited

6. I used 8 23 watt 6500k bulbs for my veg. Light clamps with y splitters for bulbs.
    For flower I used 8 23 watt 2700k and 2 55 watt. :) two plant start, one finish. However, its huge

Right before my switch to flower.
    [​IMG]

Took this a couple days ago. cutting her down Tuesday.
    [​IMG]

7. Damn nice !

8. Hey. Just noticed in your picture that your lumen output is only 2800 on those. SERIOUSLY get the GE bulbs. They put out MUCH more light. I will take pics of my boxes if you want.

9. yea that would be great:hello:

10. Walmart carries them. My 55 watt puts out 3860 lumens each. My 2700k 23 watt put out 1750 and my 6500k 23 watt put out like 1625.

11. my walmart is 45 min away lol everything where i live is like 1hr away i hate my town when i have gas and more money broke atm ill get to it

12. Sorry mate. Found my boxes. These, then the daylight ones are a light blue box. :)

[​IMG]

13. ok sweet now i have an idea of what kind of cfl im looking for thanks

14. Yeah, I get another 1000 lumens out of my 200 watt replacements. :)

15. Yup, those are it. My daylight are all 26 watt.

16. sweet no i have to wait on money haha since im in a tight growing space how you have your setup would be great for me to.

17. Honestly its enough room for two plants in 3-5 gallon pots. I'm using smart pots for my next grow. Think I got 5 gallon ones.....nope, 3. Still I've heard really good things about em.
    The box was like $12 and you just gotta get another one of those metal bars so you have 2. Make sure its a GRAND Wardrobe box. That's the biggest.

18. #19 Traxx187, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2012
    yea i just got these nutes in the mail each 8oz the flourish micro is like the flora micro
    and the flourish bloom is like the flora bloom you know what i mean? it was 11 bucks on ebay lol and it also came with logic grow dosage which is similar to sensi grow.its dried not liquid im gonna see if i can do the lucas formula if 1tsp=3 gallons how much for 1 gallon?
    [​IMG]