Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Did I Get Ripped Off?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by cotton swab, Oct 5, 2018.

1. bear in mind, i'm new to buying bud. (clearly) go easy on me. lol.

When I smoke, I like to use stizzy's for conveniences sake, but I recently used up the last of my supply. Went to buy more, & my guy was out of stock. Worst timing because I have a trip w some friends planned and need to reload at least a little. I don't have a problem with bud, so I took my chances with a new dealer that I don't know too well. I don't have a scale, and don't know jackshit about density, so based off eyeballing, does this look like an eighth worth 30$? Pretty sure I got fucked over, but I'm not sure. Need to get a scale.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Just comparing this and it's price to my own country. It looks fine. Really depends on the strain aswell since this changes the price.

Sent from my MYA-L41 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1

3. There's no way that's an 8th maybe 2.5gs pushing it.. here's what an 8th looks like

IMG_20181002_162939.jpg

You should buy a scale they cost £5/$5..

Also Wtf is a stizzy??

& The weed you've got doesn't look the best

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Unless you weigh it you won't know. But, what the heck, you've got some bud for your trip. Now, if the buds not good- that's a rip off. Desperate times...

• Agree Agree x 4

5. damn. thanks a lot for the photo. definitely got played. Debating if I should call him up or just leave it be. Also, if you're curious about stizzy's, check this out.

Stiiizy Pen Review | Strongest Prefilled Vape Cartridge of 2018

6. Ring the dude & ask him what's up if he trys to play it off just cut your losses with him & find a new plug man

It isn't worth getting into a fight or anything with someone over $30 worth of weed

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Honestly if it’s fluffy that could be like one gram, if it’s dense or have big stems inside could be upwards of 5 grams. I’ve had a bud the size of a Bic lighter that weighed close to 9 grams.

Honestly we can’t answer with certainty, the only way to know 100% for sure is to weigh it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Yeah typically just expect people you dont know to gram ya. Dude probably grabbed a one gram bud, and that's that. But yeah get some scales dog. Dont call him, fuck him. Get on down the road. Enjoy the trip!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Brick weed that has been compressed so it may well be an 1/8 but still overpaying for the quality. Looks like a $5-10 sack where I’m from

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. #10 HIGHliketheSKY, Oct 5, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    In my experience, two eighths can look vastly different depending on how dense the budz are and I'm sure other factors. I feel like some real high quality bud comes looking puny when you get an eighth, but it's not alway's like that.

For example, both of the below are quarters I picked up at the club:
    20180804_193335.jpg
    20180731_202734.jpg

So I'd say it's plausible that's an eighth...but I really feel like it might be a tiny nug or two short. Did ya smoke one before the pic? Lol

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. Everybody hopping on that Pax Era/Juul train lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1

12. lol i wish, but no. that's all he gave me. likely got somewhat shorted. gotta get me that scale. insight much appreciated

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1

13. Here's another picture of an 8th I got today this weed is pretty much bone dry the other stuff was kinda sticky but you could still grind it easily

IMG_20181005_141259.jpg

The big nug on the left only weighs 1.5gs the rest is 2gs lol

You can't really tell what something weighs just eyeballing it but you can get a rough idea from looking at pictures dude

• Like Like x 2
  14. uhh most plugs usually scrape off some like .1-.4 , so hopefully, but if not it's all in the game

• Like Like x 1
  15. #15 cotton swab, Oct 5, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2018

a better plug would have sent a pic of it on a scale like that beforehand. esp since we were talking over sc. thx for all the help man

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. I’d guess 2 grams

• Agree Agree x 1

17. Yeah dude next time ask for small ammounts 1-2gs until you feel like you trust the dealer then move up to 8th ect

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Get a scale!

19. Damn bro...it looks like he got you. I would say 2-2.5 but that would only be a guess without feeling the density. Also, that looks like some serious low grade reg. How did it smoke?

20. Could be 3.5 or 2.0. Who knows but the quality don't look all that great either but that's the black market for ya. For 30 bucks move on and/ or get a scale as everyone says.