Did god create the universe?

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by PAgrowman, Aug 8, 2011.

1. It's like you didn't even read my response... Our conversation is terminated; you don't even take my counter into account.

2. God does not exist. Once we as people can get past the negatives that religion has created we be able to progress so much more. I believe society is finally beginning to shift away from religion. "Religion prays on the insecurities of man." - HighTek. We as people when we don't know the answer just want to assume it's a god. We also want to believe are lives last forever so we create fairy tales known as religion to embrace these thoughts. We are animals who are so much more intelligent than the others that we created this falsehood security blanket of religion. I bet no other animals waste their time with religion. Religion has already set us so far back intellectually that it needs to stop. For example the Dark Ages. I could ramble on forever. Just remember, What can be believed in without proof(religion) can be debunked without proof.

3. #83 BloodLust, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Hardly, I don't consider your response an answer.

More like you continuing to ask for evidence you know is impossible to conjure.

You have made your point clear.

4. You responded to me asking A DIFFERENT USER for evidence of the existence of God; you claimed to have it. Now you don't? You're delusional.

If you don't have evidence to back up a claim, don't make the claim.

5. Something as great as the universe and life itself is way too complicated to just happen upon itself out of nothing with no outer stimulant similar to God. Science is just the background story of what all God created and what he meant for all of it to do.

6. The only thing religion has ever done is kill people that don't agree. If it wasn't for the French(Franks) Christianity may have never existed. I hate the French. Imagine how the world could be so much farther ahead without religion.

7. Natural Selection is not random. Read my previous posts, god is the answer when we don't know the answer. This just isn't good enough.

8. Hey guys, lets disregard any evidence put forward by science to negate this statement and continue living in ignorance.

9. #89 HighTek, Aug 11, 2011
    HighTek likes this.

10. [​IMG]

11. #91 HighTek, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2011
    That actually made laugh out loud. Just keep away from Bob Doles peanut butter. But seriously people need to put their wants aside and really examine the evidence. You'll learn a lot more.

12. The universe was never "created" it has always existed, again this is just my belief. Buddhist do not believe in creation but believe in universal compassion and love. To me this raises the question: does God have to have human characteristics in order to be compassionate and have universal love? The aspect of "creation" to me is a human characteristic. The idea that there has to be a "beginning" is only human.

13. What do you say about the overwhelming evidence presented that the universe has NOT "always" existed?

Nothingness has always existed. (the womb of creation)

14. You finally said something that I agreed with haha.

But listen, I used to be an Atheist like you guys were and didn't believe in God and thought this world was just us evolving over a given period of time. Then to be perfectly honest with you I smoked some really good sativa and watched some History channel documentaries about Aliens, Ancient History, Religion, and how they all tied together.

Them something clicked in my head and I started thinking differently, from a different perspective and a different angle that I couldn't see before because I was a bit ignorant. It allowed me to see everything on a different plane and think outside the box. Absolute and complete nothingness had to exist at one point. Something like this universe can't just be everlasting; the universe had a beginning and it will have an end, we just don't know a whole lot about either of those moments yet.

Now if we follow the Scientific law that matter is neither created or destroyed, we can effectively say that in order for our current universe to come into existence (begin) one of two things had to happen: either what we currently believe to be scientific fact is actually false and matter actually can be created and destroyed, or a higher power such as God created our universe (including all of the scientific laws that go with it) for one reason or another unknown to us.

That is basically the short version of everything I thought. You can take away from it what you want but It's what I believe to be true.

15. "Now if we follow the Scientific law that matter is neither created or destroyed"

You realize that only applies to the confines of our universe, right? You're effectively saying gravity, time, and SPACE exist outside of the universe.

16. #96 BloodLust, Aug 11, 2011
    Why wouldn't it be possible for there to be multiple universes. >.>

Several scientists have said it's impossible to believe in God without a multi-universe dimension.

17. #97 m00zix, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2011
    Multiple universes have NOTHING to do with what I just stated.

EDIT: I see what you're saying, and you're dodging my statement.

But to entertain your reply- in all likelihood, multiple universes exist.

18. ive always thought to myself god is the creator of the universe. all the equations, laws, the grand physical design of everything, what else would have created it? i think god did. but we as humans on this little speck are nothing to say who, what, where, when or why god is. hes just god. creator of the universe lol. i worship him everyday.

19. Certainly couldn't have been the big bang, natural selection, evolution, or anything of the like.

I learned this in school, why does it seem many others haven't? I guess that's what happens when you pass notes in class; you miss out on important information that you will later ponder about and come to logical fallacies.

20. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn7-fVtT16k]Einstein vs Stephen Hawking -Epic Rap Battles of History #7 - YouTube[/ame]