Did god create the universe?

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by PAgrowman, Aug 8, 2011.

1. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSxgnu3Hww8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSxgnu3Hww8[/ame]

2. #1 should be, "I know god exists because the bible says so."

Logical fallacies ftl ;\

3. I base my God (I only believe in God, not Jesus) as a God that created our Universe and all of it's laws and rules as guidelines for life to live by itself and to evolve on it's own without any interference. There is no Devil, just a God that created everything and does not care whether we live or die, just wants to watch us evolve as he intended us to.

People aren't supposed to fight over religion, just have a belief in something that has a set of moral laws to help guide a person through the hardships of life. We all can believe in our own God in our own way and shouldn't care whether your next door neighbor wants to worship a flying spaghetti monster.

Science and religion go hand in hand. One explains who/what created this universe and where it came from, and the other is the study of everything that God created. I hope people read this and feel the same, because I think it will be the only way for us to progress as a intelligent species.

4. What if the universe was never created? It just always existed and always will. Our minds just can't understand something always existing. Our lives are like a straight line, with a beginning and an end. And the universe is like a circle, never ending.

5. Evidence would suggest the universe is not nor has it ever been forever.

6. But the universe could be totally different than it is now but you just can't imagine it until you really think about it. Imagine gravity being up, or gravity not even existing, or planets not even existing but something completely different that you couldn't even imagine if God had of created it differently. Imagine humans with 3 eyes, 4 arms, had purple skin, 3 feet tall, and with fur, but we talked to each other by telekinesis, and that would have been the norm in that universe.

Once you can wrap your head around that and appreciate all the little things that goes into just a split second of our lives here on Earth and realize that it all works together for a reason because something greater than us created it to be, you will understand what I am talking about. I'm not a religious nut though, I haven't been to church in like 8 years but it doesn't bother me because I know there's a God that created this all. All of this couldn't just happen.

7. Please, share your evidence with us!

8. How accurate can evidence be from something calculated from billions of hears ago?

Not saying I don't believe it but I'm saying don't put all your faith in a "theory"

9. #69 BloodLust, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    The evidence is statistical.

If you're going to bring up the age old debate of "well I shit in my left hand but there's no shit in my right... Does that mean I never shit at all:O?"

Not everything is so black and white that a blind person can touch gods face.

I'm sure you believe in all the interstellar phenomenon that where too mind boggling to exist before we discovered the stepping stone before it. Why do you believe in said "ludicrous" phenomenon? Because a scientist told you it?

I have a feeling you're more against the idea of any kind of deity or higher being, than the science\philosophy behind it.

Just because a it doesn't totally absolutely beyond a doubt dispel any kind of vagrant thought at all a higher power exists doesn't make it wrong.

10. Accuracy = / = validity

The margin of error in estimating the age of the universe with our current methods of observing the microwave background is near 1 percent. 1 measly percent. That's like saying, "how accurate can radiometric dating be?" It's not perfect, but it gives us a DAMN good idea of how old something is. Maybe I shouldn't have "faith" that humans and dinosaurs did not co-exist.

11. You have yet to provide me with any evidence that God exists. Stop dancing around this simple request.

Until you or any theist that claims God is real provides me with evidence of such, then do not make such claims.

12. #72 BloodLust, Aug 10, 2011
    I am not in any way denying the science of the universe, I am a Agnostic Christian in Simplest terms. I believe in the big bang theory and as stated before I believe in multiple universes as well as the fact there has been universes before us and will be after us.

I just believe a superior being made it happen. It's hard too see it another way.

So don't act like I'm calling you a heretic.

The evidence is statistical like I said before. How complex the process of cell devision and microbial life is too complex to be developed randomly, it has a designer. Evolution clearly exists I'm saying from the most basic life forms to the most advance it's too complex to be by chance. If even one thing were incapable of it's task, life would cease to exist in our planet.

13. -Second law of thermodynamics
    -Natural selection
    -Evolution

Need you more reasons as to our complexity? Just because you can't wrap your head around something does not make it invalid.

So again I will state, where is your evidence that god exists?

14. #74 BloodLust, Aug 11, 2011
    If YOU are incapable of looking around you to be able to see evidence without it being physical, how do you expect us to bring something up that has never been thought of before.

At this point everyone on earth should be agnostic.

Because we can neither prove nor deny gods existence . I told you It's not black and white enough for us to be able to take a picture of God. You are obviously going to be so stubborn that any kind of evidence isn't going to be enough. Physical evidence is impossible at the current juncture.

15. Scientists no longer believe the universe is going to collapse on it self.

16. What are you rambling about?

spit balling = / = validity

No... Everyone should be atheist, it is the default position. Let me quote myself, quoting the atheist experience, to destroy this fallacy:

This is why Atheism is the default position. This is why Atheism does not have to provide evidence that God does not exist and Theists have to provide evidence.

Where is your evidence?

17. We as humans don't yet have the ability to fathom this answer but we will someday. As we die the only things we leave behind is new information for the next generation to improve on and so forth. This continous trend will eventually make us capable of understanding.

18. Weak Agnostic "The view that the existence or nonexistence of any deities is currently unknown but is not necessarily unknowable; therefore, one will withhold judgment until/if any evidence is available. A weak agnostic would say, "I don't know whether any deities exist or not, but maybe one day, when there is evidence, we can find something out."

Exactly the same, but far less pessimistic and in this case, hostile.

19. I hope this is not your response to my previous response.

20. #80 BloodLust, Aug 11, 2011
    It is. I don't see why you have to type with such a cynical, leveling tone. Perhaps I'm just reading it that way.

How can you say me being agnostic and you being atheist is so much different besides the fact I am less pessimistic and more opened minded.