Dick's Backyard Garage Alley Way Grow Room.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Maninumbra, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Hi there, folks. Its been awhile and Ive added a few more crops under my belt. Many blessings on to those who are gracious enough to allow me to participate in their cultivation efforts. We grow together.

Today's post and the effort going forward will be contained here. I'll try to keep my thoughts and updates in a modular type of fashion. That is - I'll try to avoid rambling (try, for god sakes Im a lonely old stoner) and keep the follow ups tidy.

As I write this 4:20pm has just come and gone. Cheers, Blades! Unfortunately, that means that in the grow space, the lights are out! Nothing is significant in the tent, atm. The summer heat was brutal to a grow, Ive now learned.

Meet Thin Mint Cookies
    [​IMG]
    09/28/17 Here she is about two weeks old, not quite vegetative but a vigorous grower.

[​IMG]10/12/17 sees a definite increase in size and a clear jump to her vegetative state.

[​IMG] 11/03/17 sees her embracing the space and just starting to stretch.

As of yesterday I started her on a LST regimen. The tent is only a 5 footer, in this space, so giving her trunk a sideways training into a corkscrew shape should help me capitalize on that limitation. I hate to leave so much unsaid but if I said everything then you could ask me nothing. Cheers, Blades!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. Very nice! A corkscrew LST?! That would be awesome!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. LST = Low Stress Training. There is a fantastic guide here - er...I mean HERE!! On my page...SOON.

*mumbles* no one can pick a god damn guide......huh...OH! Im writing this not thinking it...WOW! What did you guys....nevermind.

I use rubber coated flexible wire and the edges of the smartpots for LST. [​IMG]
    Why's it gotta look so shady? FML.

4. Let's see how it goes.

5. Just out of curiosity, why do you say blades after cheers?

6. Lights on.[​IMG]

My projects, are these. I'll afford them each an introduction as they offer some significance to me. As of now, I document their growth and habits. Half of this tent is genetics of my own design...

Yup...my own designer strains. Phantom White and Phantom Blue!

Lol... I see dozens of eye collectively roll in disbelief. It's not so hard to splice some genes when youve got a background in backyard garage alley way genetics. It really starts with knowing what you're looking for in a phenotype. =D Stay tuned for more!!

7. Grasscity Forum's Members are called "Blades"

• Like Like x 1
  8. Something special, to me. [​IMG]

This is a hermaphrodite backcross of Phantom White - my first designer strain. I'll call her Phantom White F1, for now. Many breeders and cultivators will tell you NOT to work with hermie seeds.

That is sound advice for beginners and novice cultivators.

Genetics are tricky. The further we get away from the original source "parent" the more likely we see undesirable mutations and often backcrossing can lead to plants that are intolerant and hermaphrodite inherently easier BECAUSE they are a result of Hermaphroditism (is that a word?! holy hell).

I digress. Ive been studying genetics, literally, for 25+ years. Reading studies, science fiction, breeding fish, breeding other herbs, clover, carrots, always for fun in the past....now it's medicine...

I am blessed. I hope you are, as well.

• Like Like x 1
  9. You do your own genetics? That's awesome! I'm so jealous. If you ever have any extra seeds feel free to send them to me :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. This is interesting gonna watch this one keeps the updates coming!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hahaha! This -[​IMG] I have a soft spot for freaks. This is an Afghani "Landrace" hermie seed. She's in the tent now but Im not willing to invest prime real estate for her come pot time for the phantom blue phenos. If only I had more space!

GAAAAAH. THERE'S NO TIME, MARTY!!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Here's Thin Mint Cookies again. She's vigorously growing! I give her two to three weeks before I flip her. ^.^[​IMG]

13. This is Phantom Blue Pheno #3. [​IMG]Same father, different mother than the other 4 in the tent. This stayed a project over the past summer. I lost pretty much everything except this and my Phantom Z plant.

14. [​IMG]Phantom Blue #1 phenos. Yes theyre crispy because I didnt water them because I was lazy and didn't want too bend over. Good thing its weed and they're still pushing hard on veg!!

15. After those last two posts I figure I owe you something easy on the eyes. This is the afforementioned Phantom White F1 today.[​IMG]

16. To ease your mind...even if it doesnt look like it...everything is under control. Garden's are always evolving and changing. Enjoy it![​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. What to do with Sugar Trim and tiny buds?

Tincture! This is a "raw" or "natural cure" batch. Ill get more terpenes (and this great chromatic color) in the solution but it will also require aging to maximize that benefit. For more potent heady type tinctures decarboxylizing is the best option BUT some sacrifice is made in the color and terpene profile with decarb.

Be forewarned - not for the impatient or feint of heart. Tinctures are POTENT when done well. Treat it more like medicine (drops not drinks) or you could end up with DAZE lost. Lol. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. What is your favorite way to make tinctures?

19. I like using Bacardi 151 for the color and flavor. Moonshine from a small batch made with a particular type of mash would be my 'druthers. As you ask I'm thinking I need to make some moonshiner friends or learn to make moonshine. xD

• Like Like x 1
  20. Can you explain your process? What do you do with this?