Dick Cheney is a Joke

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ThePhantom, Jul 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The dude doesnt die. Hes had many medical problems, including multiple heart attacks, and now he has no pulse and still walking around? Please tell me you see nothing wrong with this.

Im going to assume you arent ignorant of his political history and I dont mean when he became republican

No.

2. If you're saying he's immortal.. I assure you, more research on your part is needed, referring to heart pumps. :rolleyes:

If it improves his quality of living and he can afford it, I see nothing wrong with it.
    I'm not saying I want dude on life support when he can't talk or move his limbs, but if he can still actively participate in life, then more power to him. :)

Why doesn't it make him part evil though? If that makes Dick Cheney part evil...

3. His name is Dick and he's a dick.

Is that considered ironic?

4. You still dont get it...

Ok, lets change the character. Pardon the cliche, but what if Hitler lived from the gunshot and was still walking around today thanks to some device. Is that device evil and is Hitler immortal? This has nothing to do with either. Dick Cheney is an evil man, and should by all means be dead. Though thanks to medical care quality only offered to those of his stature, and apparent defiance of the laws of physics, he still walks.

The 'part evil' comment was directed to the fact that he is now a literal zombie, which in normal culture, is considered evil.

5. A device is not evil, ever. An inanimate object is neutral. The connotation of an object is derived from what it is used for.

Now, while your opinion may be that Dick Cheney is evil, that is no reason to wish death on him..

It's technology. Are you not for the advancement of mankind? If your grandma needed a heart pump and you could supply one to her, wouldn't you? Even though she'd be a "zombie" and it would be "defying the laws of physics".

I'm not saying whether or not he should be alive or dead. But I'm saying that having a heart pump should not make him evil.
    Yes, I consider Hitler evil, and that is my opinion. But because of him millions of people were murdered. If Dick Cheney is evil by your standards, he should be, in fact, the lesser of the two evils, and should not be compared to Hitler.

My 2 cents, and I'm going to sleep now. :wave:

6. I dont. But the medical issues he has gone through should have killed him.

Again, you miss the joke.

Im not saying that either
    Cheney is responsible for probably thousands of deaths. He is one of the key players in the invasion of Iraq. God knows what other black ops projects hes spearheaded. So does this make him less evil because he has a smaller kill count? I guess Manson aint so bad after all, right?

Night. Didnt mean to be a dick. Just a good convo :)

7. wait a second here. is this guy defending dick cheney? is that what this thread became?

8. I think Cheney must have sent the guy to defend him lmao :laughing:

9. hes not half the douche obama is

10. ...wat?

11. okay but in the rational world... no

12. That was honestly hilarious how IDontSmokeBlunt completely missed the point, and was focused on how I "thought people with heart pumps were evil." Such a thought not even crossed my mind when writing this post, and as Mushroom so elegantly put it, it was the "having no pulse" combined with other evil things that I found funny. Making the jump to me thinking people with heart pumps are evil is a huge and frankly pointless logical fallacy.

But this has truly been funny. I hadn't seen this thread since page one, and I'm quite high right now, and just read through it all. Funny stuff, great entertainment and I appreciate all of your input.

13. How I love Google Images:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:laughing: :laughing:

Way to go OP, a for once successful thread in here!!

14. blame the mods! they're so bad, i mean this clearly belongs somewhere else...
    solely based on political affiliation? have you even heard of halliburton? are you aware we're in a war?? do you even know what a war is?!?

15. It clearly belongs in Real Life Stories.. OP didn't ask a question, and told a story.

The thread didn't turn out to be what I thought it might turn out to be. That was a prediction by me and I was wrong. No need to flame me..

16. flame you?

oh lord, anything but being asked questions! oh god help me from all the flaming...

i know flaming, and that wasn't flaming. (neg rep people regularly and you'll see it too) this is why i told you that you have a tendency to exaggerate and lie... because you do

17. You call "do you even know what a war is!??!!?" being asked a question?

edit: and I wasn't just talking to the guy I quoted.. I was talking to thephantom also for the neg rep he gave me and the comment.

18. the point about the thread location is: dont worry about the thread location, thats what mods are for. also i wasnt flaming, i was wondering if you know about halliburton. you should do some research, it might change your opinion on Mr. Cheney. also yeah he's a huge part of the reason why we've been killing people in multiple countries for going on 10 years, spending a kazillion taxdollars in the process...

19. Well there's something called differing opinions.. and we're experiencing that. See ya

20. a question generally involves the words: who, how, what, when, or why, and always ends with a question mark (that's a ?). so yeah.

you are clearly blowing some shit up.

i love it when people call reality the "difference of opinions."

thanks for the lols

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.