Diatomaceous Earth From Auto Parts Place In Organic Soil.

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Moonnugs, May 27, 2013.

1. I've got my new soil mix almost done but one of the only things I'm stalling on is the use of these diatomaceous earth pellets I bought at an auto parts store. The bag says 100% dte and also suggests use in kitty litter. I know I've seen it mentioned several times as an aeration ammendment here and i thought it would be a good addition because if its silica/mineral content and insect control properties. I've rinsed it well and only plan to use it as 2 of 11 parts of my aeration. I just need confirmation that it's ok to use before I ruin over 20cf of soil with it.

2. I don't think it would be a problem on ITG's page about a simple organic soil she even states that you can buy that but don't take my word for it buddy I'm just looking over all the threads right now.

Happy growing
    Sip+Cup=Destruction
    GK

3. i personally use napa part number #8822 with great results

i been using that and cocoa husk about 30/70 mix for aeration and liking it so far

ive had good results using it 15-20% mixed with perlite (trying some cocoa shell now tho)

4. I use NAPA #8822 in my mix and am happy. I especially like the price- under $7.00 for 25lbs !

5. I use it and am happy with no problems. never seen pellets before but Im sure if it says DE its fine. Just dont over do it.