Diagnosis of Problem

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JIMBO33, Feb 5, 2003.

1. I have four plants in a hydro setup, they are all about a week and a half old. They all have three nodes, expect for one that has four. Near the growth tips, the newer leaves coming from the top, the leaves are significantly more yellow than the older green leaves. I've been reading up and I think it may be a pH issue, where pH is locking out magnesium, zinc, iron, and other trace nutrients. It also could be a nitrogen defficiency. Anyone have some experience with problems like this?? Thanks for the advice, I can try and get some pictures and pH reading tomorrow.

2. I concur!

3. Thanks for the advice, you guys are true experts, I went to test pH, it was up in the near 8 range! Took a lot of acid to bring it down, but now I'm in the low 6 range. The plants almost seemed to get bigger in a few hours after correcting the pH. Thanks a lot, also:

I have also noticed that the upper leaves point almost straight up. I have a 400 W MH on them right now for veg. It's about 14-18 inches away from the plants right now, I moved it up from about 12 inches away after i noticed the leaves pointing upward. Is this leave point caused by too much light, and is it a problem? Thanks again.

4. get your pH in the 5's and yeah the leaves point up when they are kick-ass growing.

5. Awesome, thanks for the help again. One more question, if a plant starts to droop a bit and the leaves all curl down slightly but are all still totally green, that is most likely an overwatering situation right?

6. yes.....Peace out....Sid