Diagnosis Confirmation, Please!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by gasperlamarc, Apr 8, 2007.

1. -Soil: MG Organic Soil (I know its not the best just haven't been able to find anything else yet)
    -Temp: 70 -80 (f)
    -Humidity: 25 - 35%
    -Light: Schedule: 24/7 (CFLs until middle of the week then i am switching to 400w MH)
    -PH: unknown (going to buy ph meter later on today or tomorrow)

I discovered a fungus gnat problem and think it may have been what was causing the problem with the plants, so to get rid of the fungus gants i removed the plants from the soil they were in (i think the problem was i forgot to put any perlite in the soil and poor drainage caused the fungus gnat) and put them into a new organic soil mixture which is about 30 - 50% perlite this time. I also rinsed off the roots before i put them into the new mix b/c i read that the pupae from the fungus gnats affect the roots slowing down plant growth which has been a problem lately. If i'm doing the right thing or if i need to do something else please let me know.

Attached Files:

2. your watering too much and drowning the roots and locking out the nutes, also its an open invitation for the gnats, which is another indication you over water

let the soil dry out........... water less often and smaller quantities

gnats arent your issue they are just a bother...neem oil the soil and get yellow sticky traps

3. do you think that the majority of it was from not having any perlite in the soil (the pics are from today when i repotted) to allow the proper drainage, b/c i was going aprox. 5 days between watering before.