Developing Minnesota Cannibus LLC

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by Malicious17, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Hello all!
    The likelyhood of recreational legalization in Minnesota is at an all time high. I am attempting to start an LLC now to get a company ahead of the curve and start building business credit and chances to be approved by the state when the time comes.
    My main question, is this the right move?
    What company type and business plan I should do, because Cannibus isn't an option yet obviously. Maybe a hydroponics reseller?

Thanks fam!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Microgreens.

3. What side of the business you want to be ?
    The grower
    The grow supplier
    A middle man
    Consulting

You need find out what kind of business you want to run.
    Than you start on the actual plan.

If you was going to start growing, you could reach out to growers in legal states and ask what they had to do to get state approved.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm hoping some of the growers will see this, lol.
    I'm looking to start a cultivation (grow) operation, should have said that, sorry.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Grower....

What kind of setup? Hydro, soil , var...

What kind of area? Square feet?

With the sq ft you can now figure out how many plants you will be able to fit in the area.

Now that you have how many plants you can house, figure out how much each one will cost in equipment. Pot, soil, hoses etc. Times this by the plant.

Now factor how many people you will need to maintain the place.

You need get these numbers first.

(Dont short anything. Dont think you won't have to pay for labor cause an buddy will help. You will be state regulated and if you try anything to go under the law " not paying friend for work" you will lose everything

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Have you any growing experience?

7. Hello fellow MN hopeful I have a plan in the beginning stages of implementation and I have done a ton of research and have been in contact with vendors in China and.... I don’t want to say a whole lot about my biz plan because I would like it to stay my business plan or at least a benifactor of my hard work, knowledge, experience both horticulturly and chemistry/chemical engineering.
    You should contact me if you want to chat.

Thanks,
    A friend and fellow MN business man trying to figure out this tight rope

I am also from

8. Buisness license with a line of buisness in crop production other. When you look up your state buisness licensing there’s multiple lines of buisness just do “other” and a second line of buisness in whatever you want. Mine is in process and scientific consulting because we do a grow and processing facility.

As your state goes legal you’ll get more info for a solid buisness plan, because states generally do two things. Plant count or square feet. You can’t get a good buisness plan till you know how many plants you can have or square feet under commercial production. We did square feet and ran the facility with 500 plants in 500 square feet and we did 32 plants a room and 12 plants a room depending on what we wanted at the time. We also ran cfl, 1000 watt and leds. We tested nutes from 4 different companies in side by sides and used it as a proving ground for the first year before we really decided what to do. Good luck and if you need help with specifics let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum