Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by KissMyAsthma, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Didn't see a thread about this, figured it was worth posting up.
    Played this game on a rental, got to final boss, had to return. Didn't want to spend cash for another rental period just to beat the boss...not yet, anyway.
    Friggin' amazing, class A game. It felt like a true love letter to the original Deus Ex.
    I am glad I rented it as opposed to buying, as I felt it was a bit short. And most of the games I spend money for anymore have to have massive replayability if they don't have multiplayer. As much as I loved it, not sure if I could play through multiple times.
    Anyone else try this out?

2. Yeah I'm playing this right now, really cool game but can be really tough. Wish it loaded faster too because sometimes I end up playing the same part 20+ times, not sure if I'm bad but this game is hard trying to play stealthy and not be seen taking out lots of the guys.

Interesting story and gameplay though, what did you upgrade? So far I've just been upgrading my hacking and battery recharge, have 3 unused points though.

3. This is a sick game, I'm on my 3rd time through the story. The first time through i left all of the side missions unfinished so when i came back a second time it would feel different. And even though i'm on my 3rd round i still love it!

4. Game of the year. Easily.

5. It get's pretty repetitive but it can be a challenge while trying to play without being seen doing physical takedowns on as many bad guys as possible. Hacking everything.

The game is disappointing because the skills are all lame, none are worth getting excited over and only a handful actually useful. I'm pretty far in the game now and often have 3-8 unused praxis points because there is nothing worth upgrading unless it may help you at a specific moment later on so I save them till I need them, even though I already have everything useful maxed out...

I thought this game was better than MGS at first but now I wouldn't say so, still an interesting game with a cool story, good graphics and all that but overall it's looking like an 8/10 for me. Still good, just not as good as I first thought.

6. I really dislike the boss fights.

Apparently they were made by a different company than the rest of the game.

7. ITS TOO FUCKING SHORT. Good story and graphics, but xbox 360 lames the market with its stupid 20 gig limit. It could of been bigger and better.

8. Has anyone played the original Deus?

9. Far too many times.

10. I have not plate the original, but I rented human revolution and am playing it right now...so far it's pretty kick ass!

11. I've watched a gameplay video of this game. I've been interested in it and Portal 2 since they released. I'm on the fence about buying either of them though. While the gameplay does look fun, I just don't know if I could get into this game or not.

How hard would this game be to get into for someone who gets all their RPG goodness out of The Elder Scrolls, Fallout and Mass Effect series?

12. [quote name='"Sour Kush"']I've watched a gameplay video of this game. I've been interested in it and Portal 2 since they released. I'm on the fence about buying either of them though. While the gameplay does look fun, I just don't know if I could get into this game or not.

How hard would this game be to get into for someone who gets all their RPG goodness out of The Elder Scrolls, Fallout and Mass Effect series?[/quote]

Potal 2 is BADASS I recommend playing it...maybe not buying it, but rent it...cause it really doesn't have much replayablility.

And deus ex is really easy to get into. Don't worry about that..but I'd say rent both. Don't buy.

13. I only buy games with good multiplayer, or games that have good replayablility, or else it's not really worth it, unless the game is $20 or below.

14. Portal 2 is a brilliant game, Stephen merchant really makes it one of the gems of 2011 too.