Detroit to vote on marijuana legalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by oltex, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Shit I just saw this article and made a thread for it. I am not even from there but this will lead the way.

2. I made a thread too earlier today after being completely shocked that a CITY will have a legalization initiative. What are the feds going to do with cities popping up and legalizing. Motown - not just for cars and music anymore!

3. This is the same way alcohol prohibition ended,,major cities and states overturned alcohol prohibition until the federal government could not fund enough money too maintain prohibition,,,as congress argues which social programs too cut in order to increase funding for the war on drugs more cities and states will follow until our government either goes belly-up or quits funding ONDCP.

4. #5 runthistown18, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2012
    You can consider it already passed, Detroit is offically the 1st city to legalize marijuana.......IF the gov don't try to hack the vote

5. [quote name='"runthistown18"']A bunch of black people live in detroit.
    You can consider it already passed, Detroit is offically the 1st state to legalize marijuana.......IF the gov don't try to hack the vote[/quote]

Detroit is not a state.

6. Somebody translate this for me. The vote is August 7. If it passes, what exactly happens? Is it officially a law then, or does it still have to go through more red tape where it could possibly be shut down or have to be voted on again?

7. Go Detroit!

8. Better buy a house now. If legalized there housing market will boom!

9. I'd shit myself. Then, after cleaning it up, take a four hour drive and visit :hello:

10. [quote name='"cripin210Tx"']Better buy a house now. If legalized there housing market will boom![/quote]

I just found a house for 500. holy shit i would move there and grow some killah indo chronic!!

11. This is the best thing to come out of Detroit that was worth anything since the muscle car era. I may actually have a reason to visit Michigan now.

12. #13 PSUKUSH, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2012
    Guys, not to burst your bubble, but it will still be illegal under state law. Denver legalized under an ounce of weed in 2005, but its still technically illegal because the police chose to enforce state law.

13. what PSUKUSH just said. Its been legal in Denver since 2005

14. Well, with the upcoming ballot votes in November a little news coverage of Detroit would be a good thing anyway. I'm sure it helps the Colorado legalization effort to have Denver already in support, but we need some newer stuff going on to build momentum.

You seriously did burst my bubble though, I think I might've known that at some point in time but it didn't register at all. :(

15. The legalization movement is moving east.