Detroit Cops Shoot 7 Year Old to Death

Discussion in 'Politics' started by grambags, May 17, 2010.

1. Charles Jones had just turned in after covering his sleeping 7-year-old daughter on the living room sofa with her favorite Disney Princess blanket when police burst into his east side apartment early Sunday.
    “I heard the flash bang and then the gunshot,” Jones said about rushing from his bedroom into the hands of Detroit Police officers, who handcuffed him and pushed him to the floor.
    An officer hunting for a murder suspect had shot Aiyana Jones through the neck.
    The victim's family said police told them the gun discharged because the girl's grandmother, Mertilla Jones, 46, grappled for the officer's weapon. Later Sunday, police spokesman John Roach said the officer and grandmother may have simply collided.

just found this on infowars

why do people let police get away with this

2. Trying to take away a policeman's sidearm is a BIG no-no.....

Hell, trying to grab a loaded gun away from ANYONE is incredibly dangerous

3. Curious to see how it plays out. If the "suspect" they were looking for is indeed a murderer than its his own damn fault for putting his family in danger.

4. Police eventually found the 34-year-old slaying suspect they were looking for during a search of the building, Godbee said.

5. All in a days work for the pigs.

6. Detroit.

'Nuff said.

7. I don't usually defend police brutality and idiocy, but this seems like a tragic mistake that could have happened to any police officer.

8. *fixed

Why is it a Detroit issue?

9. This has been all over the Detroit papers lately, sounds like they are going to form a lynch mob to get this cop, although I have no doubt it was an honest mistake. I don't like cops, and also don't appreciate them barging into private homes under any circumstances where there is likely to be children present.

The more interesting Detroit murder I've been reading about is this one:

2 deaths in Clinton Twp. prompt a litany of regrets | freep.com | Detroit Free Press

10. Ive been hearing on the news from the family's lawyer that there was a video of the police entering the building, and the shot was actually made outside of the building before the grandmother ever even confronted the officers. Looks like the police trying to cover there ass got caught

11. oh man i hope theres a video

12. If there is a video I hope he/she gets tried for 1st degree murder.

13. Yep, generalvape is right; there is a video although I don't think it has been released publicly.

Crime News 2000: Ayana Jones

"US police who carried out a raid on a family home that left a seven-year-old girl dead were accompanied by a camera crew for a reality television show, and an attorney says video of the siege contradicts the police account of what happened."

"Police have said officers threw a flash grenade through the first-floor window of the two-family home, and that an officer's gun discharged, killing the girl, during a struggle or after colliding with the girl's grandmother inside the home.

But Fieger said the video shows an officer lobbing the grenade and then shooting into the home from the porch. "There is no question about what happened because it's in the videotape," Fieger said. "It's not an accident. It's not a mistake. There was no altercation."

In conclusion, fuck cops.

14. if he does get charged with anything and thats a big IF. then it will probably be like accidental manslaughter or something like that.

15. Exactly what I was coming in here to post, thanks for doing the work :)
    I think they also raided the wrong house?

16. fuckin pigs......so a 7 yr old had to die to catch this guy?.....if they knew that was a family home they should have scoped it out b4 bargin in like they fuckin do....that girl didnt murder anyone and got murdered by a cop.....even if the "murderer" was in the home they knew it was a familys home and could have gone about "busting in" when the 7 yr old was at school or something.....the cop will just get a slap on the wrist and that makes me sick......what good does it do to hunt down and catch murderers if our children have to die in the process? i could just imagine the pigs saying "its sad the little girl had to die but we got one less scum bag off the streets".....is it really an even trade off?

17. So fucked up, that "cop" better get charged for murder.

So fucked..

18. I'm sure he will probably get suspended for a month maybe a few... Every so often (too often) on my side of the state an unarmed innocent gets shot by a cop and nothing happens to the cop. (and the crime rate here is a mere fraction of Detroit's)
    Even in my small hometown our high school liaison officer ran over a pregnant woman in a cross walk while hurrying to a suspected fire... He is still a police officer to this day. Every time I hear the news speak of some child or college student that has been wrongfully shot/killed by law enforcement, it makes me wonder why the hell people that graduate from a bull shit phys-ed curriculum at a community college are allowed to carry weapons have that kind of god like authority over others... well i guess that's what ya get.