Detergent STUCK in the bottom of my bong...help!

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by spikeystud88, Feb 6, 2010.

1. #1 spikeystud88, Feb 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2010
    Ok, so I was reading some cleaning guides on here and noticed a few people using Cascade to clean their bong/pipe. So I tossed some 90% ISO, salt, warm water, and Cascade into my bong...I let it sit for a while, and then swished it around. I cleaned everything else out of it (looks damn good btw!), but some of the detergent clumped up at the bottom. Well I was able to get the majority of it out using pipe cleaners and a coin, but there is still a little bit left in there. I have tried everything I can think of to get it out...forcing water down in there, letting warm water sit, more 90% ISO, more salt, everything! I cant possibly reach it with a pipe cleaner because of the way my bong is shaped...can someone help me?? I will give +rep for SURE to anyone that can help me...thanks blades!

:smoke:

P.S.
    That's the bong in my sig...!

2. lol you messed that one up man. You arent supposed to mix all of that together. Adding hot water to iso and salt just dissolves the salt and defeats the purpose. and cascade is the finishing touch! not a cleaner...

in the future:

step one: rinse with warm water
    step two: shake with 90%+ iso and salt
    step three: rinse with warm water
    step four: cascade
    step five: rinse with cold water

for your problem, try boiling water

3. try adding more cascade see if that works.....or try simple green

4. Whatever you do, DO NOT try boiling water. The glass can crack if it's temperatures change at a nonuniform rate. In the future, just use ISO and salt. I don't even bother using warm water beforehand, this little cocktail is all you need.

Let some water sit in it overnight, then drain it and throw in some coarse salt and ISO. Could you post a picture of your problem?

5. #5 Walter Cronkite, Feb 7, 2010
    hi, material physics, thermodynamics say a 75*CΔ shock won't crack artistry annealed glass, but ok :smoke:

6. Simple Green

7. twist 2 pipecleaners together :0

8. #8 spikeystud88, Feb 7, 2010
    Man awesome responses so far! Really appreciate it guys. Ok so we don't have any simple green, but if I can't get it out in the next hour or so I'll go buy some lol.

I'm about to try more cascade, and then after that more iso and salt.

The salt I have is epson salt - is this more coarse then regular table salt?

After I try these I'll post back with the results!

Also, I'll try and take a pic but it prob won't come out because its so hard to see.

Thanks again!!

Oh yeah, I actually did twist 2 pipecleaners together lol...that's how I got most of it out, but I just can't get it to curve enough to get to where its stuck. Its stuck on the actual bottom (not side or anything), and its opposite the downstem...so like this:

( . . / )

Periods are the detergent and '/' is the downstem...lol I'm actually pretty proud of that illustration.