Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Details on seeing a marijuana doctor in Arizona

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Jakimoto, May 7, 2011.

1. Google "AZ DOH medical marijuana card requirements". Should give you a direct link to the info.

2. Actually, google "AZ DOH medical marijuana." with the phrase 'card requirements it brings up a bunch of new ads (biz is growing). Go directly to AZ DOH site.

3. Much appreciated, doesn't look like too much trouble I guess. The hardest part will be finding a Dr that prescribes I guess. Is that very difficult?

4. Google az mmj med card doctors, you'll find a bunch.

5. thanks dude

6. On page 1 of this thread is a link I posted for a $99 doctor. :)

Old Dude In Pain

7. #67 dr house90, May 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2011
    Thanks again old dude, my friend just told me you need to have seen the same doctor for 2 years? I have seen a doctor for 8 years but not in AZ is that an issue?

8. actually that was revised and as long as you have records and the doctor you go to reviews them, (s)he can give a recommendation.

9. Bring your records with you. If you can't, call ahead & see if they will have you sign a release to get your records. Some Drs are requiring 2 visits so they can establish a patient/doctor relationship. Mine did that. They still charged me the same amount, but spread it over 2 visits.

10. Sweet, will it be a problem if I don't have many medical records from this year? My condition started a long time ago and have learned to deal with the pain without the need of seeing a doctor for it but recently the pain has got a lot worse.

11. I haven't been to a Dr. in a long time. My accident happened over 11 years ago, screwing up my back for life. My last doctor visit was over 5 years ago. But the bottom line was that I had an injury that would never improve, only worsen. Still, my MMJ Dr asked me to get an additional xray. I explained that I don't have that kind of money and have no insurance, plus, how could my injury possibly improve, there's no way, it was irreparable unless with risky surgery, and even then there was a chance it would get worse. I'll be going to see him for my 2nd, and hopefully final time next Monday. I'm going without the additional xray, but with my previous MRIs and records.

I think the records and the multi visits just depend on the place you go to. But you should not have any problem with establishing a new Dr/patient relationship and it should not matter if you have no records from this year. Guessing that they will make you come in twice possibly.

12. Thanks a lot Isisyogi, I have had recent scans and my condition is the same, will only worsen with time. I guess I have to give it a shot then. Thanks for all the help.

13. Its always worth a try... its only $99. The only thing I can see that may hang you up Isi is not having seen a DR in 5 years. Hard to say you had chronic pain yet did not seek treatment for it. Just playing devils advocate here. those are questions you need to have answers to.

Old Dude In Pain

14. I haven't not seen a doctor in 5 years just haven't taken anything because nothing worked. My scans are pretty clear as to why I have chronic pain haha.

15. I went to the Arizona Medical Marijuana Certification Center clinic in Scottsdale (they also have places in Tucson and Cottonwood) and they handled pretty much EVERYTHING for me. When you go to their website Arizona Medical Marijuana, Medical marijuana clinics, Medical Marijuana Certification, Marijuana Certification Center, Arizona marijuana clinics, Arizona medical doctors, medical marijuana benefits, Medical Marijuana Prescription you can sign an electronic form that gives them permission to get your records from your doctor. Then, their docs review your records to make sure you aren't wasting time and money. Once that's done, they call you to schedule your certification appointment at one of their locations. The one I went to was clean, nice, staffed by really helpful, friendly people. They take your picture, and format ALL of the documents for you, so that you don't have to mess with it (which I was really stressed about from reading the requirements to file your AZDHS application online), they get your ID, ALL of the paperwork you have to sign, everything the doctor has to sign and they do ALL of the formatting onto AZDHS forms, then they email it to you (FAST!) and all you have to do is download it form the email, then upload it to the application when prompted!
    After getting my picture taken and signing some paperwork, I was taken into a nice, comfortable office to meet with Dr. Skelton. She was kind, attentive, and very well informed. We just talked about my conditions for a few minutes, she signed her document, told me she would see me in a year, and out I went. Back at reception, I paid the $125 (which is a DEAL when they do all of the computer work for you!), got my hard copy of the forms signed by the doctor and me, and that was it. They said I'd have the email in 5-7 bus. days, but it BEAT ME HOME!!!
    I know I sound like an infomercial, but they really made this whole procedure very painless. I was scared of finding a creepy, dirty rented space with a creepy, sleazebag doctor, just running people through the place on rails for the $$. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised! Now, I'll have the $150 when I get my disability money at midnight on the 3rd and I plan on filling out and submitting my MMJ application by about 1215!! As others have said, the turnaround time for approval is really quick (hours!), so I'll be good to go after that!
    Sorry for the monster post, but I felt like it was my responsibility to give something back to GC because I have learned so much and met so many cool people here. Also, I wish there had been something like what I wrote above for ME to read when I began this whole process, so I'm hoping it will help someone out. Please post or PM with ANY questions and if I don't know the answer, I'll find someone who does!
    Be well and be blessed.
    Peace

16. #76 Sandcat, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2011
    I AM APPROVED!!!!
    I did like I said previously and filed my application with all of its uploaded documents, photos, etc. at 0012 on the 3rd (today). I received an email from AZDHS at 0834 that my application had been processed and approved! I cannot stop grinning!!! I am so relieved, elated, grateful, and just plain ecstatic! I look forward to getting the help I so desperately need with all of my conditions.
    Since I had pretty much chronicled my entire journey through this process, I wanted to let everyone know the end result. And I have to thank all of you for the helpful info and positive support. It really made a difference.
    I'm off to a whole new adventure filled with hope. Thank God.
    Be well and be blessed.

17. Grats Man...

Old Dude in pain

18. Greetings, Blades

Just wanted to bring my story full circle and let you know that my permanent, official Arizona Medical Marijuana ID Card was waiting for me in my P.O. Box today! HURRAY!!
    Thank you all so much for your kind help, information and moral support. I mean it, thank you!
    If anyone has any AZ questions, I'll do my best to find the answers. Good luck to all of you out there. It's a bit of a tough process, especially for someone really sick (like I am), but it is worth it to have the peace of mind of being LEGAL.
    Be well and be blessed.
    Sandcat

19. Most laws cover chronic long term pain. you have nothing to loose by talking to a Dr about it except a few $$$. Get off the couch and go ask someone who really knows. A Dr!

20. Grats buddy!! Glad to hear through all the BS that you had to deal with, you finally got it!!