Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Details on seeing a marijuana doctor in Arizona

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Jakimoto, May 7, 2011.

1. Do you have any friends who are patients? If not maybe post on CL?

2. Even if you found a caregiver it would still take 2-3 months to grow. My wife and I's plan is that she may go caregiver at the end of that first year. My first hurdle is to grow something usable. And I'm hoping the wonderfull folks here are going to help me. :)

Old Dude In Pain

3. old dude, where are you located? I'm in east Mesa, looking to meet others like me!

4. Wait wtf so the gov is going to make medical patients buy their weed unless they live too far away?

Screw the "first year you can grow" thing. Are you serious? After only a year I am then forced by law to pay for what will probably be overpriced mj from dispensaries?

5. Hey Guys, I live in Chandler. I have a small grow room and plan to take one or two patients once I get my caregiver status. I have plants now that should start bloom in about a month and then im growing four strains once this plant comes out. If you are interested, PM me your info and we can stay in touch.

I think the reason that the amount of applications for cards is low is because a lot of people do not want to cultivate. The whole system is so strange as well. Its legal to cultivate but illegal to buy seeds. So every legal plant being grown came from an illegal seed. HA. :rolleyes:

Anyway, with the way the state is working on the dispensaries and the feds trying to scare them away, I think there will be more small caregivers than anything to start.

I grow for myself and cant smoke this much! :hello: So sometime this summer I should be ready to go.

6. From what I read, to become a caregiver a patient that has a card only need to designate you as their caregiver with the az health dept.
    So basicly if the patient lives 25 miles from dispensary and you(caregiver) live next door to a dispensery your good to grow.

Also read that you can have up to 5 patients and grow 12 plants for each patient. Nothing mentioned about if their is a certain amount in ounces a caregiver can posess.

To open a dispensary you need to show that you can invest $150,000.00 into the operation.
    If all is true I see becoming a caregiver growing 60 plants(5x12) a better option than opening a dispensary....;)
    It's all to new, so will just have to wait and see what the real deal will be....

7. Very true. Im part owner in a brewery in Tempe and the suite two doors down from us was built out a few months ago in hopes of opening a dispensary. They installed roll down shutters and and a massive iron gate over the roll up door in the rear. Now they are just keeping their fingers crossed. Not the way I would want to invest my money.

I have been keeping a close eye on the caregiver status. I would have to get more tents to handle 5 patients but one or two would be nice. Supposedly when the dispensaries get open we will not be allowed to grow anymore if there is one within 25 miles unless you are a caregiver. I figure either way I want the status to keep growing cuz its fun and less hassle.

8. 12 plants could mean many pounds of MJ..Just how many pounds dose a patient really need in reality....LOL.. 2-3 plants per patient on a perpetual grow should be sufficient to the needs of the patient.

Is nice to talk about the MMJ issue.....;)

9. I'm planning on becoming a registered caregiver and I live in the east valley. I'm a massage therapist and I am just about to become certified for cancer massage. Figure the two go hand in hand. I'm new to the forum, have no idea how to PM, so you'll have to pm me first and then I'll just reply :)

10. You are legally allowed to have 2.5 oz per registered patient on your person.

In order to put in a dispensary app you must have $150,000 in your account 30 days before you submit your application. Applications are only being accepted June 1-30. So you need to have your 150 in no later than May 29 in order to submit app by June 30.

11. I read on one of the other posts that the card says "unable to grow." Does yours say "able to grow?" Did you have to do anything special to have it noted as such?

12. You have to tick the box on the application. Its really that simple.

13. This sounds more practical....Probably not going to get rich anytime soon, but good for the enthusiast and just wanting to help people.

14. Makes you wonder who is going to receive the list of people allowed to cultivate. Arpaio being the ass that he is, and also former head of the DEA, you know some civil liberties will be suffering at his hands. I used to like some of the things he did, now I just want him out.

Did it say anywhere what kind of "safety checks" or other monitoring they will be doing? Did it say that you have to allow access to your grow if they come knocking?

15. I'm actually putting in an app. Although with the DOJs recent decree, I'm thinking it might be smarter to wait out the first year and see what happens.

16. Arpaio can suck it. If AZ law enforcement starts playing Gestapo then let the lawsuits roll.

No monitoring that I know of. If you have people living with you that do not have a recommendation then your grow room needs to be locked. So I have to lock my grow room to keep my wife out. :rolleyes: :p
    As far as letting them in I have nothing to hide but they better show up with a valid warrant. Im really not all that worried about it.

17. So nothing on the application that surrenders your rights? You know how when you get a driver's license it states on the app that you have to submit to a DUI test if asked or your license is surrendered for a period of time for failure to comply? I would be amazed if there wasn't something stipulating that.

It's so hard to find accurate info. I have read the guidelines, laws and statues, finding clear information is difficult. And I've been involved since before it was legal, trying to prep for opening the dispensary. The good thing about ambiguous info is that it lends itself to finding loopholes if trouble finds you.

18. Okay, this has me wondering if I can get one. I have chronic back pain and have a record of it. Done the whole physical therapy stuff for awhile but i don't have the money to constently keep doing PT 4x a week. So do you think itd be possible for me to get a card in AZ?

19. If you have previously documented pain, and it sounds like you do, then you would be classified under "chronic pain." I also think that where you go to get approved might make a difference.

I have huge back pain, I've been "self medicating" for years. Haven't been to a doctor for my back in a loooong time, however, the doctor that will be giving me my approval this Saturday assured me that since I have a long history, even though I haven't been to a doctor in the last 8 years for it, I will qualify. I tried to get my medical records and MRIs from my previous doctors in hand to bring to my appointment, since they are so old and in storage, there was no way for me to get them by the time of my appointment. This didn't matter to the doctor I will be seeing, although it did matter to a few others. Call up and ask questions that pertain to your situation.

20. Thanks man! Yeah i'll probably make another appointment (cause it's been about a year since i last went) and just say it's acting up again. Don't wanna rush it lol. Having a card will be so nice! Can't wait to move to SD!