Destroys the Environment

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by DrazyHaze, Sep 12, 2010.

1. I've been cruising YouTube and found all kinds of videos on marijuana busts, and every single one i found that was a bust in a public forests the agents said "These plants are detrimental to the environment."

Now, please for fucks sake enlighten me on a how a green plant was sprouted from the environment and produces oxygen for humans is harmful to the environment?

I'm always seriously dumbfounded by comments like this, what the hell is going through their minds that they honestly think this is true?

This completely outrageous, and this "war" on marijuana needs to end and the truth needs to be spread.

2. It's not the plant that's bad. It's the techniques they use to harvest it. Because marijuana is illegal, crude methods are often used to cultivate. This includes irragation tubes that run for miles and leak, pesticides that leak into the soil, and the garbage used while growing it is just left behind. Fuck the DEA for saying that. I'm not kidding. FUCK THEM. Because it's illegal is the reason for the enviornmental harm. Fuck...

3. i know there are tactics that do hurt our environment, but shit we're doing a lot more things that are 20x as harmful to our environment than that.

i agree.

FUCK THE DEA. They're corrupt pigs.

4. nothing that they do in growing pot out side harms the envirnment at all it if where true any one who smoke it would be dead its all the same stuff the use on crops like tomatos and so on. if it where to hurt anything at all wouldnt 2000 acres corn with all the bug spray hurt a lot worse i mean other then water tubes and plant food which i dont care how much they say it hurts it cant be cause we smoke what comes out of the ground doh.as far as trash left behind dont we bury like 100 tons a week per city in landfills i dont see how it hurts

5. I believe they the DEA are reffering to the clear cutting of surounding growth and some times block native streams and mix fertalizers in the stream itself. If prop 19 passes it will give the cartels a green light though california:eek: its already affecting oregon as Ive been told as of this weekend so border patrol exiting California might be a reality:eek: I hope it passes and lets hope it works:eek: After the arizona law passed to enforce the federal law i waonder how a state law will hold up against a federal law, well just have to see:cool:

6. Wait, am I misunderstanding you or are you saying that proposition 19 would lead to more cartel operated guerilla grows in Cali? Because if that's what you're saying, you're pretty damn wrong. Proposition 19 would eliminate the demand for that weed.
    Anyway, the plant itself isn't damaging the environment, but the techniques used sure are, and they are oftentimes worse than the most fucked up shit Monsanto might do. And the only solution for these problems is legalization.

7. Not much different then the illegal moonshine stills back during prohibition. :)

8. No Im saying if legal in California it would decrease our consumption of cartel weed but increase thier production in neighboring states.

9. Possibly, but that's why it needs to be legal everywhere. Just taking the California (and maybe Texas) market would wound them considerably.