Destiny

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by BAMABABIE, Feb 15, 2014.

1. I have about 20 hours logged on this game and the more I play it, the less I enjoy it. I wouldn't even consider this game a proper mmorpg.

With other mmo's , the more I played them, the more I grew connected to the world and my character.

But with Destiny, it is so dreadfully repetitive and mechanical. It feels like Call of Duty with an alien skin.

I'm not completely bashing the game or trying to be negative. I genuinely have enjoyed certain aspects of the game very much, and the graphics are gorgeous, but I didn't feel very involved in the story or the world. I felt like a wanderer, mundanely scavenging new gear and materials.

2. $40 to boost to lvl 25....

[​IMG]

3. I came upon an artifact in a mystery bag awhile ago that boosted me up like 10 or 20 levels, it was pretty awesome. Not sure how common it is.

Also, how do I get my light up higher? I can't seem to find any exotic items.

I play everyday, and I'm level 40, I thought I was doing well, but anytime I go into the city and inspect people their light is 300+, meanwhile mine is only 217.

I can barely do very hard missions, sometimes it's not even worth the trouble because it is so difficult. And impossible missions? Forget about it.

I should mention that I play solo on the missions so I'm sure that makes it harder, but still I should be able to do it.

I feel that in Destiny I haven't become a more powerful guardian. What I mean is that I've played many hours, acquired tons of new gear, but still whenever I go to difficult missions, I get my ass whooped. I understand it shouldn't be a cake walk to complete hard mission, but I feel that my strength does not equal the amount of time I've played. Not sure if I'm communicating this clearly.

In other mmo's, as I level up high, I feel like I am able to take on almost any enemy, but in Destiny, the enemy is always one step ahead in strength. And that's frustrating.

I keep playing this game, but the more I play the more I find wrong with it. It has so much potential, but it was released unfinished.

I enjoyed defeating The Taken King, that was a pretty epic boss battle.

4. To do certain raids and strikes and stuff you actually need other people you can't do it by yourself.

5. But I has no frands. :(

I tried the Destiny forum/app but its dead

6. I got my PSN hooked up so I can do them with random people.

But theres bounties I want to collect that require a fireteam which I don't have

7. People still play this.

8. People still comment "people still play this"?

I love this game

9. Game LOL

Destiny is not a game , it is a scam

10. Why you mad bro

11. because, if you compare what you get for the price, destiny should be like 20$ aand fallout 4 should be like 80$.

Destiny was a scam literally.

-Yuri

12. I got the Destiny Legendary Edition with my Ps4 so idk pricing

All I know is that I love the game. I have plenty of gripes with it, and it has more potential then it was limited to... But all in all it is more positive than negative

13. #1833 Lizard King, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2015

I am not mad dude , it is the unfortunate truth. Bungie created a huge hype over the game , choped it into pieces and sold a 60$ game to 140$ for majority of players.

Some of us put out with that shit in year one with the hope that they will deliver one day. But DLC after DLC and the law case highlighted all these hopes we had will never be satisfied by Destiny,

Now they even reached further with micro transactions and it will continue to get worse because this is the new Bungie.

the only way to get the Destiny we all hope is Not to play , Not to pre order their game so they can start caring for the game.

14. I don't think it was intentional to split up the DLC's. As far as I read they had to rush the game for release date and ended up having to add things later on... Although I agree the expansions should have been free.

I didn't have to deal with that like I said because I got the bundle...

I mean... It is about money.. Sure.. that's not surprising.. its a business.... You can do micro transactions on any mmorpg....

But you can also do just fine in the game without paying real money...

Its a great game and I have a ton of fun playing it I couldn't be happier

15. I suggest you reading Marty O Donnel vs Bungie to learn further what kind of company Bungie turned into.

it is not about money , it is about principals.

I am gaming for over 30 years now and i remember how complete games were back in the game.
    Just check out other games that is on the market Witcher 3 , Fallout 4 , all cost way way less then Destiny despite they offer 10 times the content all Destiny DLC's combined.

They lied to players several times.
    they false advertised so many times.

They did follow bad business practices several times. Thats why i cut my ties with Destiny and will not order a Bungie game unless they make major changes

16. But... They made Halo

17. Majority of them are in different companies now.

18. Where does 343 come into play?

19. #1839 IllestVillain, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2015
    ^ @NXDB they come into play releasing Halo 5, the dopest arena FPS of 2015....

20. I have yet to play Halo 5 :'( Worth purchasing?