Depression

Discussion in 'General' started by conor74, Aug 1, 2011.

1. any movement that had helped the world, any change that has happened for better or for worse, anything that had ever happened; started with one person and an idea.

so just think about that.

2. For me nothing on this earth matters. I mean I just don't care about what happens here. I feel indifferent to friends and family dying. I don't care if anything happens and I enjoy the bad more than the good. I feel like All the people around me are happy because they only care about their insignificant lives, they don't look at the big picture. I think about wether my consciousness will continue after I die a lot. The more I think about it though the more I feel like it would be impossible to be "me" without my physical existence. What is the point to all this? If I felt with any certainty that there was a point I think I could be content but as it is I am just so curious that I consider blowing my brains out just to know what lays ahead. The only problem is that in almost all religions suicide is bad and on the off chance that any man was correct about the big question then I would face eternal suffering which isn't worth it. So I guess I will wait it out and hope that there is something good for me at least when I die.

3. No matter what you think, you make a VERY slight difference in the scope of eternity. Just by making this thread, 100+ people have read it and reflected on their own lives. If ONE of those people takes something from them and it results in actions, that affects other people and so on and so forth.

In the same respect, something someone else did probably made you think that life was insignificant, and yet that person probably doesn't realise they did that either. We're all so self-involved we don't realise the effect we have on other people or our universe in general.

You make a difference even if you just sleep in your bed, possibly by making your family sad they never see you and from then on.

Just know, you're not COMPLETELY insignificant in this universe :)