Depression

Discussion in 'General' started by conor74, Aug 1, 2011.

1. I know bud makes you chill and what not, but when I get high and often when not high I realize how little everything we do matters and it makes me depressed. 99 percent of people are so focused on money and material things that do not have an affect on things that really matter in the world. I've often felt like no matter what I do I can't make a difference. I hate to be a downer but has anyone ever felt like this or have any input?

2. I don't think it's depression

You are just realizing how the world really is. It's sad but true.

3. A weird thought I've had is sort of a reincarnation thing. That all animals started out as humans and when they die they realize how dumb things that humans think matter are. They become reincarnated as an animal who are more one with the earth that we have been blessed with. I am in no way religious but I think we are incredibly blessed with a planet in perfect position for life to exist and prosper. But I think most people take advantage of that

4. [​IMG]
    What Terence says at 5:55
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIG25NdOWIs]‪Terence McKenna - The Message‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

5. #6 Verdurous, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    You have to make it matter to YOU. The universe is indeed indifferent. Make yourself happy.

6. I went through a faze but then I realized that if you pay less attention to the big picture and more at the little stuff you can actually change for the better, life is better that way

This might not make since :baked:

7. Im too cool to be depressed. :cool:

8. I feel like you. I feel everythings pointless shit Im scared Im going to kill myself one of these nights. I mean I know I have root causes of why I feel so upset all the time its just a natural thing for me now I have a smile all the time but I always feel down and like "Whats the point" Why should I even get out of bed today?

9. please don't kill yourselves it will get better

10. cool thoughts, hope they last more than five fleeting seconds before you're sucked back in. :rolleyes:

11. 1-800-784-2433 Suicide crisis line. Please call if you're serious.

12. Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

13. Man you guys nred to realize how amazing the world is.
    And op what do you mean you can't change the world? You don't have to make history all you have to do is make a positive mark even if it is just helping people with everyday problems once you do that you just made the world a better place.
    And the world isnt a cold dark place like you guys male it seem it's full if life and love. Maybe I'm ignorant but fuck it ignorance is bliss.:cool:

14. Agreed.:cool:

15. Ha well I'm not going to kill myself. I made this thread while I was piss drunk and upset about stuff hah. Anyway that video blew my mind

16. #17 ChillinOnRoofs, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2011
    I watched the whole video, this man is truly a genius, watching more of his videos now. :smoke:
    EDIT: If only more people thought like him.

17. ^ Def this. Surround yourself with positivity, and see that it wasn't you, it was just your surroundings ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O7sbCNCvuA]Terence McKenna: What's to be done?[/ame]

18. this.

A lot of people are materialistic at young ages. Hell i am, but i try and be generous and believe in Karma but if you're surrounded by assholes then the world will seem like an asshole. :smoke:

If marijuana was free we wouldn't have half the problems associated with smoking, money is the issue.

19. wow dude i've been thinking of the exact same shit for awhile like why the fuck does anything matter